Have you been wondering if the present situation that has been arisen as a result of the novel Coronavirus overtaking pretty much the entire world, a good time to become an e-commerce web designer? Then, you might want to continue reading this article in order to gain some insight into whether this is, in fact, the case or not.
Quarantines, Lockdowns & Curfews Haven’t Made It Easy For Brick & Mortar Businesses
From the way things have turned out, it is pretty obvious that the vast majority of businesses around the globe will have to make adjustments of some sort in the way they function, market their merchandise and offer their services. With the COVID-19 virus wreaking havoc on human life worldwide and the global economy, the only known combative measure has turned out to be self-quarantining.
As a result of this, governments across the globe (even in the most developed of countries, which the virus seems to have had the worst impact on), are bringing lockdowns, self-quarantines, and curfews into place, and prohibiting all forms of gatherings and non-essential human contact. Because of this traditional brick and mortar stores and businesses offering non-essential items have been hit the worst.
eCommerce Businesses Ruling The Roost In This Crisis Situation
Owing to the closure of all these brick and mortar stores, consumers have had to resort to eCommerce alternatives whether they like it or not. This, in turn, has caused the incredible surge in the demand for eCommerce web designers.
A Dramatic Surge In The Demand For eCommerce Web Designers
The situation just before the COVID-19 crisis was such that the demand for web designers specializing in the designing of eCommerce websites was quite low. According to a recent study done by the job market analysis firm Burning Glass (which gathers data on the global job market and the demand for professionals in various industries across the globe), the demand for skilled web designers who specialize in creating eCommerce websites is expected to grow by close to a whopping fifteen percent.
This growth is a significant increase indicating that all those pursuing web designing courses and degrees presently are sure to enjoy a pretty lucrative job market at least for the next decade.
Another important indication for those thinking of pursuing a career as a web designer with a specialization in designing eCommerce websites is that it is turning out to be quite a profitable profession. According to the same study by Burning Glass, it is estimated that the average salary for a web designer specializing particularly in designing eCommerce websites is close to sixty thousand dollars.
The salary for such web designers has increased so much from what it was in the past that it is inching closer to the median salary for UI/UX designers (who are known conventionally to possess a higher level of expertise than web designers and also be in more demand than web designers, especially those specializing in the creation of eCommerce websites) which is around eighty thousand dollars. This average salary of close to sixty thousand dollars is sure to rise even further as the years go by and more businesses begin seeking web designers specializing in eCommerce website designing, to help them transition from having a presence as just a brick and mortar store to also having a presence online.
This, however, has not always been the case for web designers. A saturation in the job market for web designers around the start of the new millennium resulted in a steep dip in the average salary for web designers. Albeit this was not the only contributing factor as the birth of a new profession and skill set in the form of UI/UX designing also meant that there were professionals with a more advanced skillset willing to work for as much as web designers, but offering their employers more possibilities.
Abilities Sought After In An eCommerce Web Designer
When it comes to the essential skills that every web designer claiming a specialization in eCommerce web designing should possess, there are quite a few. It is a more specialized profession than conventional web designing in that there are more skills and capabilities needed in order to be able to create and design a sustainable, aesthetically pleasing, robust, and feature-filled eCommerce website.
The primary skill that employers look for in an eCommerce web designer is creativity, along with the usual skills such as knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Graphic Design, and Adobe Indesign.
The Possibility For Regular Web Designers To Transition Into eCommerce Specialists
The fact that all these abilities are commonplace with other sorts of web designers too is an indication that web designers who work on regular websites, can also easily transition as eCommerce web designers too. This might also make such professionals more hireable as they do not just possess expertise in designing eCommerce websites but also carry the experience from their previous jobs with them.
The entire COVID-19 situation could change the business landscape as we know it drastically. We might be transitioning from a predominantly brick and mortar business environment to an entirely online commerce landscape in just a matter of a few years from now. This means that those businesses that make this transition and adapt to their new surroundings the quickest are the most likely to dominate their respective niche and reap the rewards. The key for a business to gain an edge over its competitors and to secure a brand image as a prominent entity when this does happen is to begin and complete this transition process before their competitors. Hence, those businesses that manage to acquire the most skilled and apt web designer talent specializing in eCommerce website design are most likely to overtake their competitors when things do return to normal and the entire COVID-19 crisis does subside.
How long does it take to create a responsive website?
To get started, a typical website will take 14 weeks from minimum from inception to the delivery stage. It could take much longer depending on your requirements. Discuss with your website development team to get an idea about the delivery date. Actively research the market and the best service provider to get it done professionally. Website development is one of the crucial aspects of your business on which you shouldn’t compromise. Ensure that you get regular updates from your development team to make sure everything is executed as per the schedule. There are chances that conflicts might arise which may compromise the overall development process, you should be prepared to tackle the situation and get things done in a smooth manner.
What are breadcrumbs?
Breadcrumbs are nothing but a secondary navigation system that can be used to learn about the user’s location on a particular website. Visitors can get a better idea about the webpage if they have an overview of the hierarchy on the website. They serve as an effective visual aid that represents the location of a user within the website. It is not a complex mechanism on websites and will up only a line on your website. One of the main advantages of breadcrumbs is that they do not have any negative impact on your website in terms of content overload. If you have a large number of web pages piled up on your site, you must incorporate breadcrumbs into your site.
What are accelerated mobile pages?
Accelerated Mobile Pages is an open-source project that is designed to optimize faster mobile pages. To break it down into simpler terms, it is making a page loading faster that is already optimized to be mobile-friendly. You have to use a streamlined version of CSS if you are opting for accelerated mobile pages. The website must be validated properly on a regular basis to ensure that they work properly. If you are looking to offer a better user experience, incorporate custom fonts into it and declare the proper height & weight of the page to avoid quirky-loading images. Accelerated mobile pages can significantly reduce the overall bounce rate on your website and improve conversion rates for your business.
Why is website development important?
How good your website is has a lot to do with the business you generate at the end of the day. Here is why website development is important.
- The first impression of your business is the website. If your website is outdated, the impression of the business left behind is definitely not what you’d want.
- By looking at how well the website is developed, the customers get a fair idea of how they would be treated by the business. If the website is not worked upon well, they tend to believe that the business won’t take efforts in catering to the requirements of the customers as well.
- A well-designed website enables the audience to build trust with the business.
- A poorly designed website has an adverse impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
What makes a good website in 2022?
In order to make it into the list of good websites, there are a couple of things that one needs to take note of.
- A good website doesn’t take much time to load.
- A website that is trustworthy – both in terms of content as well as technicalities is the most sought after.
- The website should be free of bugs.
- Make sure that your website caters to a specific goal/objective.
- For a website to reach out to the maximum, it is important to understand the target audience in-depth, right from what they need to what other websites do they use.
- Making use of the right words, font and style always help.
What are the types of E-Commerce?
There are 4 main types of E-Commerce –
- B2B (Business to Business) – Here, a business sells its products or services to another business. In a majority of cases, the business that is at the buying end further sells the products or services to the consumers.
- B2C (Business to consumer) – This is the most common of all the types wherein a business sells its products or services directly to the consumer.
- C2B (Consumer to Business) – This is where consumers sell products or services to the companies.
- C2C (Consumer to Consumer) – This is where consumers exchange goods and services among themselves and make money by charging transaction or listing fees.
Does dark mode website design really help your business?
Dark Mode website design has been adopted by some of the biggest technology giants out there. Needless to say dark mode is projected as a beneficial aid to the customers who use their tech rather than as a beneficial feature to the service provider. Dark Mode is easy on the user’s eyes, especially in low light or at night. The dark design stretches their battery consumption enabling them to spend longer hours on their phones without having to charge the phone. The design is also aesthetic focussing more on text over a dark background that pops out. The search engine doesn’t have a preference for dark mode over light, but the higher number of users automatically signals the search engine to improve the ranking of the site.
What are the benefits of web designs services?
Web design services help you give a great first impression to your customers. Professionally designed webpages get good customer retention rates. Good web design goes hand in hand with SEO strategies. Search Engines rank sites with good design higher in the results pages. Web design services automatically optimise the website to attract high volume of visitors. This traffic also results in increased conversions. A professionally designed website gives the impression that your site and business are reputed with good credibility. It can subtly boost your conversions. An expert web design service will set you up with a site that projects the personality of your brand perfectly. It sets the right tone of communication that nudges the customers towards the call to action. It enhances the customer experience earning their loyalty.
What are the newest trends in website design?
Website design has come a long way from the basic blue and white theme with black text to colourful, interactive spaces that have become even primary source of income for businesses. Here are the latest trends in web design that will keep you on top of the industry. Parallax Animation: The foreground is designed to move faster than the background creating a 3D visual effect. Neumorphism: Digital embossing with soft backgrounds with overlay elements that have a shadow to lift them off the screen. Dark Mode: Like mobile apps websites too are turning to dark mode to give viewers a comfortable experience. Pastel Colours: Businesses are going with pastel colour themes to give a visually soothing customer experience. Scrolling transformations: The elements on the screen are designed to move and transform with scrolling creating a video like effect.
How can I increase the traffic on my website?
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
What is the best way to build your website?
Congratulations on your decision to make a website for your business. Follow these steps for the best way to build a successful website.
- Choose a web developer. Find a web developer with experience and knowledge of website design.
- Choose an initial web template. Select a suitable template and ask your developer to build and customise on it.
- Edit and Review the site. Insert your content, images and graphics in the website. Before launching it, test the site’s performance to work out the kinks.
- Create a domain. A domain is the unique address of your site and has to be registered with a domain provider.
- Publish your website: Now that your website is designed and done, you are ready to publish it.
What are the most important principles of web design?
By now a lot of businesses have realised the importance of good web design. However there are some important principles that need to be followed to ensure that your website turns out perfect.
- Ensure the website loads fast, as this reduces website abandonment.
- Show your intent on every page so customers landing on any page are aware of what your business does.
- Keep it simple so you don’t distract visitors from their purpose, with too many elements.
- Make the navigation as easy as possible, with any part of the website accessible in 3 clicks.
- Maintain the hierarchy in the layout. You don’t want your customers to keep scrolling back up each time they want to refer something.
- Use simple, attractive and value adding content that can convince visitors into becoming customers.
- The site must be mobile friendly for customers to access it on the go.
What is the purpose of website design?
Your website is the first impression that an online customer gets of your business. It is important to make a positive impact on your clients. The website design has the potential to convert a random visitor to a customer and boost organic sales. A great web design will keep customers loyal to your brand as they find the platform comfortable and convenient to use. It provides a good UI/UX to your clients and nurtures your leads. Better the website design, more the engagement with it, bringing in more traffic. It improves the accessibility of your website to a wider audience. It has a significant influence on the brand image and it is important that you get professionals to design your website.
What are the benefits of having a website to your business?
It has come to a point that a business is only considered successful if they have a strong online presence. This is evidently done by creating a dedicated website to the brand. The benefits of owning a website for your business are,
- A credible repository of information on your business
- 24 x 7 customer access to your business
- Boosts interaction with the brand
- It helps expand your market reach
- It improve brand awareness to a global scale
- Provides you with valuable consumer insights
- Helps you beat other competitors with online presence
- Access to all digital modes of advertising
- Makes information exchange easier
What is the difference between website design and website development?
When searching for a web developer, it is important for you as a client to know the difference between website design and website development. The difference is quite distinct but a web developer is capable of doing both if they are skilled enough. Web design is the initial ideation and planning of a website’s layout, appearance and content. Web development is the actual process of developing code for creating the site and its subsequent maintenance. Web design is about creativity, while web development is completely technical. You need to engage the services of web developers who can help you with both, as they know how to recreate your brand personality on the website.
Why every business needs SEO?
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site
Why Digital marketing is important for marketing?
Digital Marketing has become an essential part of today’s business world. It has become so competitive that traditional marketing methods are no longer as effective as before. Digital marketing can improve your conversion rate, boost traffic to the site, keep your customers engaged, helps you understand the market and customers with valuable insights, increases your reputation, and is generally cost effective. Most of your online customers are using their mobile phones to access your site. Digital marketing helps make your business more accessible to mobile users, who make up nearly 60% of the clientele. It makes the entire customer journey more interactive and memorable, bringing you loyal customers, who come just for a good user experience. Digital marketing can also be automated, freeing you from the hassle of keeping track of the campaigns.