For many businesses, their website is not just the first foundation stone for marketing but also one of the major business expenses. It is an investment- a pathway through which leads can be generated and converted into successful sales ventures. Hence, just like any other kind of investment, website designing should also bring a positive return on investment (ROI) and lead your business venture to success.
Very much like any other kind of investment, the calculation of website ROI is on the basis of the cost and its results.
So let’s take a look.
The price of a website varies on a wide scale. With the help of the latest technology, many people choose to DIY all the way with tools and hence get it done for free. On the other hand, some brands choose to hire a web design and development services or web designers who are freelancers. The cost of each of these choices varies wildly- while freelancers can charge anywhere between INR 10,000 to INR 15,000, some of the best web design companies in India can charge in lakhs, based on the requirements.
One of the basic criteria which determines the price of a website design is the time required to create it. Since there is no material brought in truckloads, the time needed for designing, programming and communication dictate the cost.
Content creation and image designing are also processes that are time intensive. But they can either be handled by the web firm itself, a freelance team or even the brand itself.
Below are the major cost factors:
Project management and communication:
The number of people who will provide the feedback and approvals along with managing the project.
Questions like whether it is a new brand or requires revisiting must be asked. Are the templates used off-shelf?
What kind of features are used on the website? Are they simple or complex in nature? Does it require custom programming? Is the functionality of the site complicated?
What kind of professionals are involved in the team? Are they experienced?
What is the size of the website? Does it need new content? Redesigning content usually costs less than writing fresh content. If any photography or videography is involved, the cost goes upwards.
Although content management isn’t much of a factor, considering WordPress websites cheaper would be a mistake that companies providing web design and development services want you to avoid. WordPress is a good option when small and simple websites are in question. But it will not work efficiently for complex sites such as amazon.com
The result derived from these efforts can vary to a larger extent. In fact, the ROI for websites can drop to negative if the site isn’t performing well. Hence, the entire cost of the site will be a loss of money. Again, website ROI can also amount to crores. It can be either from direct revenue earned from various e-commerce or from the value leads of a lead generating website.
There are multiple factors that can show variations in the return on investment for a website. We have listed five major factors that have an effect on website ROI:
The cost involved in the creation of a website
As mentioned previously in the blog, the cost of creating a website varies from one web design and development company to another. Money and hours spent in the process of creating the design and the development of the site form the baseline for the return on investment.
Maintenance cost of website
Launching a good website is not enough. There are a number of out of pocket expenses that can come up post-launch like hosting (although chances are low). The time-consuming part of the process can be in content marketing like blogs, email marketing, and social media marketing. Additionally, the advertising cost may also be high.
The number of visitors who line up for your website and actually end up staying and interacting is a sure way of measuring success. Hence, websites that are designed with the goal of making them search engine friendly perform really well in search engines. When it comes to traffic, it is the marketing part and not the web design that is directly responsible for traffic generation.
The number of visitors who take any kind of action on the website such as becoming the lead or making a purchase with the help of e-commerce, the result shows its effect. Hence, any good web design and development service will tell you that, unlike traffic, it is the web design aspect that has a direct impact on the conversion rate. However, website traffic times the conversion rate which is equal to the results.
The lifespan of the website
When we are purchasing various items such as a car, we consider its lifespan- how long we can use it in the future. But the same is not often done for a new website. Buyers of websites do not consider their lifespan when creating them or buying them.
But this has a massive impact on the return on investment. If all things are kept equal, a website is capable of generating twice the ROI by staying effective for twice its estimated period. Any good and well-built website will keep generating results for at least five years and even more. But a bad site will require redesigning within a short span of two years and sometimes even less.
To wrap things up,
The market is challenging for everyone as costs and outcomes are all kept on the same board. But we also know others who have crashed and burned. But always remember that while creating a website, saving money should not be your top priority. You wouldn’t believe how much a difference there is between a website designed for INR 10,000 and another for INR 50,000. A good site will surely produce good results. But a great site will dramatically produce better results that will generate hundreds of lakhs of rupees over time.
To get started, a typical website will take 14 weeks from minimum from inception to the delivery stage. It could take much longer depending on your requirements. Discuss with your website development team to get an idea about the delivery date. Actively research the market and the best service provider to get it done professionally. Website development is one of the crucial aspects of your business on which you shouldn’t compromise. Ensure that you get regular updates from your development team to make sure everything is executed as per the schedule. There are chances that conflicts might arise which may compromise the overall development process, you should be prepared to tackle the situation and get things done in a smooth manner.
Breadcrumbs are nothing but a secondary navigation system that can be used to learn about the user’s location on a particular website. Visitors can get a better idea about the webpage if they have an overview of the hierarchy on the website. They serve as an effective visual aid that represents the location of a user within the website. It is not a complex mechanism on websites and will up only a line on your website. One of the main advantages of breadcrumbs is that they do not have any negative impact on your website in terms of content overload. If you have a large number of web pages piled up on your site, you must incorporate breadcrumbs into your site.
Accelerated Mobile Pages is an open-source project that is designed to optimize faster mobile pages. To break it down into simpler terms, it is making a page loading faster that is already optimized to be mobile-friendly. You have to use a streamlined version of CSS if you are opting for accelerated mobile pages. The website must be validated properly on a regular basis to ensure that they work properly. If you are looking to offer a better user experience, incorporate custom fonts into it and declare the proper height & weight of the page to avoid quirky-loading images. Accelerated mobile pages can significantly reduce the overall bounce rate on your website and improve conversion rates for your business.
How good your website is has a lot to do with the business you generate at the end of the day. Here is why website development is important.
- The first impression of your business is the website. If your website is outdated, the impression of the business left behind is definitely not what you’d want.
- By looking at how well the website is developed, the customers get a fair idea of how they would be treated by the business. If the website is not worked upon well, they tend to believe that the business won’t take efforts in catering to the requirements of the customers as well.
- A well-designed website enables the audience to build trust with the business.
- A poorly designed website has an adverse impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
In order to make it into the list of good websites, there are a couple of things that one needs to take note of.
- A good website doesn’t take much time to load.
- A website that is trustworthy – both in terms of content as well as technicalities is the most sought after.
- The website should be free of bugs.
- Make sure that your website caters to a specific goal/objective.
- For a website to reach out to the maximum, it is important to understand the target audience in-depth, right from what they need to what other websites do they use.
- Making use of the right words, font and style always help.
There are 4 main types of E-Commerce –
- B2B (Business to Business) – Here, a business sells its products or services to another business. In a majority of cases, the business that is at the buying end further sells the products or services to the consumers.
- B2C (Business to consumer) – This is the most common of all the types wherein a business sells its products or services directly to the consumer.
- C2B (Consumer to Business) – This is where consumers sell products or services to the companies.
- C2C (Consumer to Consumer) – This is where consumers exchange goods and services among themselves and make money by charging transaction or listing fees.
Dark Mode website design has been adopted by some of the biggest technology giants out there. Needless to say dark mode is projected as a beneficial aid to the customers who use their tech rather than as a beneficial feature to the service provider. Dark Mode is easy on the user’s eyes, especially in low light or at night. The dark design stretches their battery consumption enabling them to spend longer hours on their phones without having to charge the phone. The design is also aesthetic focussing more on text over a dark background that pops out. The search engine doesn’t have a preference for dark mode over light, but the higher number of users automatically signals the search engine to improve the ranking of the site.
Web design services help you give a great first impression to your customers. Professionally designed webpages get good customer retention rates. Good web design goes hand in hand with SEO strategies. Search Engines rank sites with good design higher in the results pages. Web design services automatically optimise the website to attract high volume of visitors. This traffic also results in increased conversions. A professionally designed website gives the impression that your site and business are reputed with good credibility. It can subtly boost your conversions. An expert web design service will set you up with a site that projects the personality of your brand perfectly. It sets the right tone of communication that nudges the customers towards the call to action. It enhances the customer experience earning their loyalty.
Website design has come a long way from the basic blue and white theme with black text to colourful, interactive spaces that have become even primary source of income for businesses. Here are the latest trends in web design that will keep you on top of the industry. Parallax Animation: The foreground is designed to move faster than the background creating a 3D visual effect. Neumorphism: Digital embossing with soft backgrounds with overlay elements that have a shadow to lift them off the screen. Dark Mode: Like mobile apps websites too are turning to dark mode to give viewers a comfortable experience. Pastel Colours: Businesses are going with pastel colour themes to give a visually soothing customer experience. Scrolling transformations: The elements on the screen are designed to move and transform with scrolling creating a video like effect.
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
Congratulations on your decision to make a website for your business. Follow these steps for the best way to build a successful website.
- Choose a web developer. Find a web developer with experience and knowledge of website design.
- Choose an initial web template. Select a suitable template and ask your developer to build and customise on it.
- Edit and Review the site. Insert your content, images and graphics in the website. Before launching it, test the site’s performance to work out the kinks.
- Create a domain. A domain is the unique address of your site and has to be registered with a domain provider.
- Publish your website: Now that your website is designed and done, you are ready to publish it.
By now a lot of businesses have realised the importance of good web design. However there are some important principles that need to be followed to ensure that your website turns out perfect.
- Ensure the website loads fast, as this reduces website abandonment.
- Show your intent on every page so customers landing on any page are aware of what your business does.
- Keep it simple so you don’t distract visitors from their purpose, with too many elements.
- Make the navigation as easy as possible, with any part of the website accessible in 3 clicks.
- Maintain the hierarchy in the layout. You don’t want your customers to keep scrolling back up each time they want to refer something.
- Use simple, attractive and value adding content that can convince visitors into becoming customers.
- The site must be mobile friendly for customers to access it on the go.
Your website is the first impression that an online customer gets of your business. It is important to make a positive impact on your clients. The website design has the potential to convert a random visitor to a customer and boost organic sales. A great web design will keep customers loyal to your brand as they find the platform comfortable and convenient to use. It provides a good UI/UX to your clients and nurtures your leads. Better the website design, more the engagement with it, bringing in more traffic. It improves the accessibility of your website to a wider audience. It has a significant influence on the brand image and it is important that you get professionals to design your website.
It has come to a point that a business is only considered successful if they have a strong online presence. This is evidently done by creating a dedicated website to the brand. The benefits of owning a website for your business are,
- A credible repository of information on your business
- 24 x 7 customer access to your business
- Boosts interaction with the brand
- It helps expand your market reach
- It improve brand awareness to a global scale
- Provides you with valuable consumer insights
- Helps you beat other competitors with online presence
- Access to all digital modes of advertising
- Makes information exchange easier
When searching for a web developer, it is important for you as a client to know the difference between website design and website development. The difference is quite distinct but a web developer is capable of doing both if they are skilled enough. Web design is the initial ideation and planning of a website’s layout, appearance and content. Web development is the actual process of developing code for creating the site and its subsequent maintenance. Web design is about creativity, while web development is completely technical. You need to engage the services of web developers who can help you with both, as they know how to recreate your brand personality on the website.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site
Digital Marketing has become an essential part of today’s business world. It has become so competitive that traditional marketing methods are no longer as effective as before. Digital marketing can improve your conversion rate, boost traffic to the site, keep your customers engaged, helps you understand the market and customers with valuable insights, increases your reputation, and is generally cost effective. Most of your online customers are using their mobile phones to access your site. Digital marketing helps make your business more accessible to mobile users, who make up nearly 60% of the clientele. It makes the entire customer journey more interactive and memorable, bringing you loyal customers, who come just for a good user experience. Digital marketing can also be automated, freeing you from the hassle of keeping track of the campaigns.