Websites are the most important assets of a business. Since people get to interact with a website before approaching the business, it is crucial to have a credible and professional website. An ideal website should grab the attention of users instantly and arouse your emotions. All your marketing efforts will be wasted if you don’t have a quality website.
There are thousands of templates for website designing all over the internet. One can easily create a website in no time. However, in order to strive in today’s competitive landscape, you need more than that. There are a plethora of best website design companies that can help you with this.
An effective website should convey its intended purposes by engaging the visitors and as well as contributing to the overall revenue of the business. One needs to keep to multiple factors like typography, imagery, simplicity, colors, functionality, consistency, etc., to design the perfect battery. Ultimately, the visitors should get the best user experience to trust the website. Here are some guidelines to design a great website for your business.
Analyze the most popular websites in the world. Have you ever wondered what makes them popular among people from various ethnicities and cultures? There must be something mutual between them right? In this blog, we will be diving deep into the characteristics that make up for a great website.
Your website must be dynamic:
Whenever you visit the top ranking blogs on Google search results, you would have noticed that all of them provide the latest information. People always look for new information that solves their queries or provides them with up to date news. People won’t prefer static websites as the information will not be up to date. You can approach one of the best web designers in Chennai to design a dynamic website for your website.
Understand the goal of a website:
All your efforts will be wasted if you keep progressing down a dark path without any idea. Even if your efforts are genuine and innovative, you cannot get the expected results. Here are five focal points of a website that one needs to know. You should focus on them and design your website accordingly to get the best results, here are they:
Forge a proper plan for the website development:
Now that you have a clear idea about the critical goals of a website, you can start focussing on the specific goals of the website. Ask yourself a couple of questions like the primary purpose of the website and end goals in the long term. Analyze your target audience and objectives in a document.
Have a solid foundation for your website:
Hiring a top notch professional who offers unparalleled web design and hosting services is the best way to lay a solid foundation for your website. No business on the internet is established without a solid foundation. Choose a reliable server hosting platform with an impressive management system.
Maintain your brand consistency:
A brand cannot be defined by just a logo, tagline, fonts, color, etc. Every business faces the challenge of defining the elements in a subtle way without compromising the value of your brand. You must maintain an uncompromised commitment to putting equal efforts into every aspect of a business.
Increase your page speed:
No one will prefer to revisit a website that loads slow. Hire one of the best website design companies in the market to develop a website that loads faster to offer the best experience for your visitors. Generally, your website should have at least 2-3 seconds loading time to perform better with the visitors. Avoid using oversized images to reduce the page load time effectively.
Design your website intuitively:
People will expect intuitive navigation on your website with onsite search and call to action. Most business owners have also started to integrate AI chatbots. People should be able to seek what they find and should not have a bad experience at any cost.
Have a clean design:
Gone are the days when people used to have funky designs on their websites. Don’t go with the easy option of integrating the free templates on the internet as it will mess up the elements on your website in the long run. People do not prefer to spend more time on your website and so ensure that you design the website in a minimalistic way. The best website design companies in the market will recommend you to go with a minimalistic approach as it is more popular now.
Make your website more SEO friendly:
People will always go to search engine sites to look for information. Since they count a lot on the results from search engine results, make sure that you optimize your website accordingly to make it visible for them. Hire SEO professionals to get the job done properly. If you choose to go with the organic approach, it will take some time to get results. However, it is way cheaper than paid advertising and the results will be long lasting.
Integrate fresh and high quality content:
Irrespective of the technological advancements that are happening around us, content still remains the king! Use interesting and original content that makes sense to your audience. It is recommended to avoid technological jargon, corporate words, and complex acronyms. Visitors will spend only a short span on your website and so make sure that they have the best experience. Hire professional content writers from the best web design companies to get it done in the right way.
Hire the best service providers in the market to breathe life into your website. Having a properly designed website is important for every business as there are millions of websites out there. You need to make sure that you check all the necessary boxes to stand apart from the competition in the market. Following these guidelines while designing a website for your business will help you to stay ahead of your rivals.
To get started, a typical website will take 14 weeks from minimum from inception to the delivery stage. It could take much longer depending on your requirements. Discuss with your website development team to get an idea about the delivery date. Actively research the market and the best service provider to get it done professionally. Website development is one of the crucial aspects of your business on which you shouldn’t compromise. Ensure that you get regular updates from your development team to make sure everything is executed as per the schedule. There are chances that conflicts might arise which may compromise the overall development process, you should be prepared to tackle the situation and get things done in a smooth manner.
Breadcrumbs are nothing but a secondary navigation system that can be used to learn about the user’s location on a particular website. Visitors can get a better idea about the webpage if they have an overview of the hierarchy on the website. They serve as an effective visual aid that represents the location of a user within the website. It is not a complex mechanism on websites and will up only a line on your website. One of the main advantages of breadcrumbs is that they do not have any negative impact on your website in terms of content overload. If you have a large number of web pages piled up on your site, you must incorporate breadcrumbs into your site.
Accelerated Mobile Pages is an open-source project that is designed to optimize faster mobile pages. To break it down into simpler terms, it is making a page loading faster that is already optimized to be mobile-friendly. You have to use a streamlined version of CSS if you are opting for accelerated mobile pages. The website must be validated properly on a regular basis to ensure that they work properly. If you are looking to offer a better user experience, incorporate custom fonts into it and declare the proper height & weight of the page to avoid quirky-loading images. Accelerated mobile pages can significantly reduce the overall bounce rate on your website and improve conversion rates for your business.
How good your website is has a lot to do with the business you generate at the end of the day. Here is why website development is important.
- The first impression of your business is the website. If your website is outdated, the impression of the business left behind is definitely not what you’d want.
- By looking at how well the website is developed, the customers get a fair idea of how they would be treated by the business. If the website is not worked upon well, they tend to believe that the business won’t take efforts in catering to the requirements of the customers as well.
- A well-designed website enables the audience to build trust with the business.
- A poorly designed website has an adverse impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
In order to make it into the list of good websites, there are a couple of things that one needs to take note of.
- A good website doesn’t take much time to load.
- A website that is trustworthy – both in terms of content as well as technicalities is the most sought after.
- The website should be free of bugs.
- Make sure that your website caters to a specific goal/objective.
- For a website to reach out to the maximum, it is important to understand the target audience in-depth, right from what they need to what other websites do they use.
- Making use of the right words, font and style always help.
There are 4 main types of E-Commerce –
- B2B (Business to Business) – Here, a business sells its products or services to another business. In a majority of cases, the business that is at the buying end further sells the products or services to the consumers.
- B2C (Business to consumer) – This is the most common of all the types wherein a business sells its products or services directly to the consumer.
- C2B (Consumer to Business) – This is where consumers sell products or services to the companies.
- C2C (Consumer to Consumer) – This is where consumers exchange goods and services among themselves and make money by charging transaction or listing fees.
Dark Mode website design has been adopted by some of the biggest technology giants out there. Needless to say dark mode is projected as a beneficial aid to the customers who use their tech rather than as a beneficial feature to the service provider. Dark Mode is easy on the user’s eyes, especially in low light or at night. The dark design stretches their battery consumption enabling them to spend longer hours on their phones without having to charge the phone. The design is also aesthetic focussing more on text over a dark background that pops out. The search engine doesn’t have a preference for dark mode over light, but the higher number of users automatically signals the search engine to improve the ranking of the site.
Web design services help you give a great first impression to your customers. Professionally designed webpages get good customer retention rates. Good web design goes hand in hand with SEO strategies. Search Engines rank sites with good design higher in the results pages. Web design services automatically optimise the website to attract high volume of visitors. This traffic also results in increased conversions. A professionally designed website gives the impression that your site and business are reputed with good credibility. It can subtly boost your conversions. An expert web design service will set you up with a site that projects the personality of your brand perfectly. It sets the right tone of communication that nudges the customers towards the call to action. It enhances the customer experience earning their loyalty.
Website design has come a long way from the basic blue and white theme with black text to colourful, interactive spaces that have become even primary source of income for businesses. Here are the latest trends in web design that will keep you on top of the industry. Parallax Animation: The foreground is designed to move faster than the background creating a 3D visual effect. Neumorphism: Digital embossing with soft backgrounds with overlay elements that have a shadow to lift them off the screen. Dark Mode: Like mobile apps websites too are turning to dark mode to give viewers a comfortable experience. Pastel Colours: Businesses are going with pastel colour themes to give a visually soothing customer experience. Scrolling transformations: The elements on the screen are designed to move and transform with scrolling creating a video like effect.
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
Congratulations on your decision to make a website for your business. Follow these steps for the best way to build a successful website.
- Choose a web developer. Find a web developer with experience and knowledge of website design.
- Choose an initial web template. Select a suitable template and ask your developer to build and customise on it.
- Edit and Review the site. Insert your content, images and graphics in the website. Before launching it, test the site’s performance to work out the kinks.
- Create a domain. A domain is the unique address of your site and has to be registered with a domain provider.
- Publish your website: Now that your website is designed and done, you are ready to publish it.
By now a lot of businesses have realised the importance of good web design. However there are some important principles that need to be followed to ensure that your website turns out perfect.
- Ensure the website loads fast, as this reduces website abandonment.
- Show your intent on every page so customers landing on any page are aware of what your business does.
- Keep it simple so you don’t distract visitors from their purpose, with too many elements.
- Make the navigation as easy as possible, with any part of the website accessible in 3 clicks.
- Maintain the hierarchy in the layout. You don’t want your customers to keep scrolling back up each time they want to refer something.
- Use simple, attractive and value adding content that can convince visitors into becoming customers.
- The site must be mobile friendly for customers to access it on the go.
Your website is the first impression that an online customer gets of your business. It is important to make a positive impact on your clients. The website design has the potential to convert a random visitor to a customer and boost organic sales. A great web design will keep customers loyal to your brand as they find the platform comfortable and convenient to use. It provides a good UI/UX to your clients and nurtures your leads. Better the website design, more the engagement with it, bringing in more traffic. It improves the accessibility of your website to a wider audience. It has a significant influence on the brand image and it is important that you get professionals to design your website.
It has come to a point that a business is only considered successful if they have a strong online presence. This is evidently done by creating a dedicated website to the brand. The benefits of owning a website for your business are,
- A credible repository of information on your business
- 24 x 7 customer access to your business
- Boosts interaction with the brand
- It helps expand your market reach
- It improve brand awareness to a global scale
- Provides you with valuable consumer insights
- Helps you beat other competitors with online presence
- Access to all digital modes of advertising
- Makes information exchange easier
When searching for a web developer, it is important for you as a client to know the difference between website design and website development. The difference is quite distinct but a web developer is capable of doing both if they are skilled enough. Web design is the initial ideation and planning of a website’s layout, appearance and content. Web development is the actual process of developing code for creating the site and its subsequent maintenance. Web design is about creativity, while web development is completely technical. You need to engage the services of web developers who can help you with both, as they know how to recreate your brand personality on the website.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site
Digital Marketing has become an essential part of today’s business world. It has become so competitive that traditional marketing methods are no longer as effective as before. Digital marketing can improve your conversion rate, boost traffic to the site, keep your customers engaged, helps you understand the market and customers with valuable insights, increases your reputation, and is generally cost effective. Most of your online customers are using their mobile phones to access your site. Digital marketing helps make your business more accessible to mobile users, who make up nearly 60% of the clientele. It makes the entire customer journey more interactive and memorable, bringing you loyal customers, who come just for a good user experience. Digital marketing can also be automated, freeing you from the hassle of keeping track of the campaigns.