In today’s blog, we will include examples of persuasive homepage header, headlines and hero shots and why they are so effective.
So let’s get straight into the discussion.
Is your homepage capable of making a good first impression?
According to data collected by many website developers in Chennai, internet users don’t really spend more than a few seconds on a web page unless they are loyal customers. Others type in whatever they need in Google’s search bar. If you have invested in search engine marketing (like paid ads) or in organic search in the form of search engine optimization, users tend to follow the following steps:
- They will check your ad or snippet
- Decide whether your page is capable of providing them with a solution
- Click on your website or move to another website
Let’s assume for the sake of this blog that you have managed to retain a visitor.
Say hello to the new visitor
Once you have a new visitor, your website turns to service mode and it is only able to make a first impression, very quickly. Remember that web wanderers are not exactly known for their patience.
A part of your homepage is now available to them, depending on the device they use (the smaller the device, the lesser is the visibility). Your aim is to show what your company can do for the user.
While websites mostly serve all kinds of needs for different companies, first-time visitors can only be retained if they understand your company’s values.
Although your goal is singular, you have many options
You want your visitor to stay and explore the website. In order to do that you need a homepage that nudges them towards that goal.
There are some ways to do it, namely:
- Prompting them to help communicate the value of your business
- Helping them determine whether your website is useful
- Inspire them to click, or interact with the website in some way or maybe make them sign-up for a newsletter.
Next, we talk about the header:
To put it simply, a header is a narrow bar or strip that appears at the top of a page. In most cases, when you see a website sporting a distinct header bar, it usually shows logos, navigational links, offers, contact details, search prompts, etc.
However, if you opt for Shopify web agency to create modern website designs, you can easily marry the header, hero and headline seamlessly.
Before we get into the details of eCommerce,
A quick word on banner image and headline:
Banner image, in website designing, is known as at space right at the top of the page. Hero shot and a hero image is also used alternatively.
Headlines, on the other hand, do not have many rules that state their position to be on top of the hero image, in many cases, it can be below the hero shot or above it. Some website developers in Chennai choose to ditch it altogether.
Moving on to the next section of eCommerce, one of the most important lessons to be learnt from the most popular SaaS brands is their method of testing their strategies. They begin with a specific objective and then move on to create a distinct call to action or CTA that prompts visitors to participate and take action. Only sufficient results are generated, they revise and realign their strategies.
If you are looking for web design and development in Chennai to build yourself an effective homepage, ensure that these basic factors are addressed by the website developers:
- Addressing the ‘who’ question immediately: Specifically effective for small business owners and finance managers, addressing who the brand or company is, makes a lot of difference.
- Answering ‘what’ comes next: Headlines and images should always address the ‘what’ question.
- ‘Why’ comes third but is equally important: the headline states the SaaS provider, making billing easy.
- A short copy that makes an appeal but with emotion: If you want to retain visitors and turn them into your loyal customers, you need to understand their emotions. This is where you demonstrate your understanding briefly.
- Compelling and effective CTA: There are different kinds of CTA, but few work better than others. For example, prompts of “get started” with a big button on the side with some visual prompts to make it more believable.
- You can also read more sections to appeal to your audience where you have case studies and/or case studies for more in-depth analysis.
If you carefully follow the creations of some of the best website developers in Chennai, you will also notice that a good homepage header, headline and hero is a way to show that you’ve got your act together. The subhead addresses the benefits and provides a slice of the strategies and formulas fetching results. Smart designs also create a clear path and stress conversion-based CTA. Some more tips that work and show promising results include
Simplicity will always work
The web is a crowded place. Hence, one of the easiest ways to stand out is to keep things clean and simple. Beautiful design, one-two headline, subhead and a clear CTA. Many effective web designs are pioneers at minimalism.
Visual simplicity is equally effective if:
- You have a quirky and interesting approach to the menu in the header with two stacked columns
- A problem-solving headline by effectively showing the problem it is solving
- A great CTA
In the end, you must ask yourself the simple question, am I happy with my hero? If not, then you can go back and assess today’s blog discussion.
Although there are many types of homepages that we have excluded from today’s discussion, we mainly focused on your hero shot and headline. What you see at the top of your homepage has to be a combination of design and copy. This will assure your visitors and customers that they have arrived at the right place. If your audience mostly comprises mobile users, make sure to check whether the design is simple, clear and easy to respond to with the help of thumbs.
To get started, a typical website will take 14 weeks from minimum from inception to the delivery stage. It could take much longer depending on your requirements. Discuss with your website development team to get an idea about the delivery date. Actively research the market and the best service provider to get it done professionally. Website development is one of the crucial aspects of your business on which you shouldn’t compromise. Ensure that you get regular updates from your development team to make sure everything is executed as per the schedule. There are chances that conflicts might arise which may compromise the overall development process, you should be prepared to tackle the situation and get things done in a smooth manner.
Breadcrumbs are nothing but a secondary navigation system that can be used to learn about the user’s location on a particular website. Visitors can get a better idea about the webpage if they have an overview of the hierarchy on the website. They serve as an effective visual aid that represents the location of a user within the website. It is not a complex mechanism on websites and will up only a line on your website. One of the main advantages of breadcrumbs is that they do not have any negative impact on your website in terms of content overload. If you have a large number of web pages piled up on your site, you must incorporate breadcrumbs into your site.
Accelerated Mobile Pages is an open-source project that is designed to optimize faster mobile pages. To break it down into simpler terms, it is making a page loading faster that is already optimized to be mobile-friendly. You have to use a streamlined version of CSS if you are opting for accelerated mobile pages. The website must be validated properly on a regular basis to ensure that they work properly. If you are looking to offer a better user experience, incorporate custom fonts into it and declare the proper height & weight of the page to avoid quirky-loading images. Accelerated mobile pages can significantly reduce the overall bounce rate on your website and improve conversion rates for your business.
How good your website is has a lot to do with the business you generate at the end of the day. Here is why website development is important.
- The first impression of your business is the website. If your website is outdated, the impression of the business left behind is definitely not what you’d want.
- By looking at how well the website is developed, the customers get a fair idea of how they would be treated by the business. If the website is not worked upon well, they tend to believe that the business won’t take efforts in catering to the requirements of the customers as well.
- A well-designed website enables the audience to build trust with the business.
- A poorly designed website has an adverse impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
In order to make it into the list of good websites, there are a couple of things that one needs to take note of.
- A good website doesn’t take much time to load.
- A website that is trustworthy – both in terms of content as well as technicalities is the most sought after.
- The website should be free of bugs.
- Make sure that your website caters to a specific goal/objective.
- For a website to reach out to the maximum, it is important to understand the target audience in-depth, right from what they need to what other websites do they use.
- Making use of the right words, font and style always help.
There are 4 main types of E-Commerce –
- B2B (Business to Business) – Here, a business sells its products or services to another business. In a majority of cases, the business that is at the buying end further sells the products or services to the consumers.
- B2C (Business to consumer) – This is the most common of all the types wherein a business sells its products or services directly to the consumer.
- C2B (Consumer to Business) – This is where consumers sell products or services to the companies.
- C2C (Consumer to Consumer) – This is where consumers exchange goods and services among themselves and make money by charging transaction or listing fees.
Dark Mode website design has been adopted by some of the biggest technology giants out there. Needless to say dark mode is projected as a beneficial aid to the customers who use their tech rather than as a beneficial feature to the service provider. Dark Mode is easy on the user’s eyes, especially in low light or at night. The dark design stretches their battery consumption enabling them to spend longer hours on their phones without having to charge the phone. The design is also aesthetic focussing more on text over a dark background that pops out. The search engine doesn’t have a preference for dark mode over light, but the higher number of users automatically signals the search engine to improve the ranking of the site.
Web design services help you give a great first impression to your customers. Professionally designed webpages get good customer retention rates. Good web design goes hand in hand with SEO strategies. Search Engines rank sites with good design higher in the results pages. Web design services automatically optimise the website to attract high volume of visitors. This traffic also results in increased conversions. A professionally designed website gives the impression that your site and business are reputed with good credibility. It can subtly boost your conversions. An expert web design service will set you up with a site that projects the personality of your brand perfectly. It sets the right tone of communication that nudges the customers towards the call to action. It enhances the customer experience earning their loyalty.
Website design has come a long way from the basic blue and white theme with black text to colourful, interactive spaces that have become even primary source of income for businesses. Here are the latest trends in web design that will keep you on top of the industry. Parallax Animation: The foreground is designed to move faster than the background creating a 3D visual effect. Neumorphism: Digital embossing with soft backgrounds with overlay elements that have a shadow to lift them off the screen. Dark Mode: Like mobile apps websites too are turning to dark mode to give viewers a comfortable experience. Pastel Colours: Businesses are going with pastel colour themes to give a visually soothing customer experience. Scrolling transformations: The elements on the screen are designed to move and transform with scrolling creating a video like effect.
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
Congratulations on your decision to make a website for your business. Follow these steps for the best way to build a successful website.
- Choose a web developer. Find a web developer with experience and knowledge of website design.
- Choose an initial web template. Select a suitable template and ask your developer to build and customise on it.
- Edit and Review the site. Insert your content, images and graphics in the website. Before launching it, test the site’s performance to work out the kinks.
- Create a domain. A domain is the unique address of your site and has to be registered with a domain provider.
- Publish your website: Now that your website is designed and done, you are ready to publish it.
By now a lot of businesses have realised the importance of good web design. However there are some important principles that need to be followed to ensure that your website turns out perfect.
- Ensure the website loads fast, as this reduces website abandonment.
- Show your intent on every page so customers landing on any page are aware of what your business does.
- Keep it simple so you don’t distract visitors from their purpose, with too many elements.
- Make the navigation as easy as possible, with any part of the website accessible in 3 clicks.
- Maintain the hierarchy in the layout. You don’t want your customers to keep scrolling back up each time they want to refer something.
- Use simple, attractive and value adding content that can convince visitors into becoming customers.
- The site must be mobile friendly for customers to access it on the go.
Your website is the first impression that an online customer gets of your business. It is important to make a positive impact on your clients. The website design has the potential to convert a random visitor to a customer and boost organic sales. A great web design will keep customers loyal to your brand as they find the platform comfortable and convenient to use. It provides a good UI/UX to your clients and nurtures your leads. Better the website design, more the engagement with it, bringing in more traffic. It improves the accessibility of your website to a wider audience. It has a significant influence on the brand image and it is important that you get professionals to design your website.
It has come to a point that a business is only considered successful if they have a strong online presence. This is evidently done by creating a dedicated website to the brand. The benefits of owning a website for your business are,
- A credible repository of information on your business
- 24 x 7 customer access to your business
- Boosts interaction with the brand
- It helps expand your market reach
- It improve brand awareness to a global scale
- Provides you with valuable consumer insights
- Helps you beat other competitors with online presence
- Access to all digital modes of advertising
- Makes information exchange easier
When searching for a web developer, it is important for you as a client to know the difference between website design and website development. The difference is quite distinct but a web developer is capable of doing both if they are skilled enough. Web design is the initial ideation and planning of a website’s layout, appearance and content. Web development is the actual process of developing code for creating the site and its subsequent maintenance. Web design is about creativity, while web development is completely technical. You need to engage the services of web developers who can help you with both, as they know how to recreate your brand personality on the website.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site
Digital Marketing has become an essential part of today’s business world. It has become so competitive that traditional marketing methods are no longer as effective as before. Digital marketing can improve your conversion rate, boost traffic to the site, keep your customers engaged, helps you understand the market and customers with valuable insights, increases your reputation, and is generally cost effective. Most of your online customers are using their mobile phones to access your site. Digital marketing helps make your business more accessible to mobile users, who make up nearly 60% of the clientele. It makes the entire customer journey more interactive and memorable, bringing you loyal customers, who come just for a good user experience. Digital marketing can also be automated, freeing you from the hassle of keeping track of the campaigns.