The primary focus of any business will be acquiring more customers to increase its overall profit. Marketing is a key activity in running your business in the long run and acquiring more customers. As we live in an era where technology dominates the market, business owners still make use of traditional marketing activities like advertising on billboards and printing flyers.
Using digital marketing, businesses can generate huge revenue. As customers are longer entirely dependent on word of mouth, you must make sure to widen your presence on social media as it will help to acquire customers and increase the brand value. Digital marketing services by a professional eCommerce SEO company has become very valuable for businesses as it helps to grab the customers’ attention and to traverse through several challenges that surround it.
Digital marketing has become the lifeline for eCommerce businesses as they cannot sustain in the market without it. As eCommerce businesses are different from traditional brick and mortar stores, conventional advertising methods won’t work. Consistent efforts will help grow your online store and increase your overall income.
As the key to running a successful business, in the long run, lies in the marketing strategies as well, here is how digital marketing is important for eCommerce businesses.
It helps to bring your products online:
People don’t prefer to shop in physical stores nowadays as they barely have time in their hectic schedules. The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic has also altered the shopping pattern of people as they started to rely on on-demand services to fulfil their everyday needs. Ecommerce SEO services will help businesses to reach the right set of customers who are in need of these products.
You can easily reach out to a wider audience:
As we are witnessing explosive growth in our country when it comes to the number of internet users, you can make use of it. The Internet is an effective tool to reach millions of people. Moreover, digital marketing platforms are equipped with powerful tools that can help you reach out to the right prospects and pull targeted customers. They can also provide in-depth insights about the product and its performance in the online market.
Now that you have a clear idea about the usefulness of digital marketing in the eCommerce business, let’s now focus on how to use it. Digital marketing is not restricted to a single entity as it has a wide range of applications. Here are some:
Make use of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO):
SEO services are very crucial for the exposure of your online store in search results. Get in touch with a company that provides professional eCommerce website design services to drive enormous web traffic to your website organically. It is a direct method to increase your brand reputation in the market.
Don’t miss out on Search Engine Marketing (SEM):
Search Engine Marketing can bring instant results and is also necessary for any business to stay on the top. With an effective strategy, businesses can easily attract customers and gain high quality leads. You can easily take advantage of the demand in your locality and advertise based on it to attract potential consumers.
Social Media Marketing is the key:
Social media has inarguably taken over the world as they have become a routine in our everyday life. Businesses have also started populating social media platforms as it is an easier and more effective way to reach out to their customers. Digital marketing professionals from companies offering professional eCommerce SEO services include social media promotions organically and paid as a part of their strategy. Since people spend a significant time on their smartphones, it can be an effective way to reach out to more customers.
You can improve market reach with online tools:
One of the best aspects of digital marketing is that you can track and analyze all your actions. Whereas in traditional marketing, you can extend your control over expenditure and market reach only to a certain level. Although the market is crowded, you can still stand tall by making the right moves. Online marketing tools help professionals to streamline their efforts into strategies and save a ton of money. These tools also help them to refine their strategies over time based on the audience response.
Email marketing still works:
Although there is a common conception that people will ignore emails from brands as they get hundreds on a daily basis, businesses still have a shot at it. You can easily reach out to more people by sending bulk emails. Your business can get more exposure as you can reach out to more potential customers by sending them digital invoices, promotions, gift cards, and more on email. Email marketing is a perfect digital marketing strategy that still hasn’t died out despite being in the market for a really long time. It is known to enhance the shopping knowledge of people about a certain brand and to increase the retention value.
Content is the key:
Content is not just centered around text, it encapsulates video, audio, etc. The control over the craft of creating content will bring wonders to your business. Search engines always favour fresh and innovative content. Hence incorporating content into your business across all channels can increase conversions and overall revenue.
UX should not be overlooked:
User Experience or UX is a crucial element in digital marketing as they provide a visual experience for users that they will remember for a long time. The UX of your brand can be associated with the colour you choose for it, your logo, and much more. As people are continually getting more conscious about the aesthetics of the application they use and the innovative experience it offers, you shouldn’t overlook the UX part. It is a well known fact that more than 50% of people do not purchase from a website that is poorly designed. Hence get your business website developed from a reliable company that provides eCommerce SEO services.
Digital marketing has already taken over traditional marketing techniques as it provides the best results. It is important to win in the eCommerce market so leverage unique digital marketing strategies for your brand and get lucrative returns.
Customer reviews and testimonials can be a valuable source of information for improving your business. Here are some ways you can use them:
- Identify areas where you can improve your products or services.
- Get feedback on your customer service.
- Learn what your customers are looking for.
- Use positive reviews to attract new customers.
- Use negative reviews to improve your customer experience.
- Keep track of your progress over time.
When a customer leaves a negative review, it's important to respond in a professional and courteous manner. Here are some tips for responding to negative reviews:
- Start by thanking the customer for their feedback.
- Apologize for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction they may have experienced.
- Explain the steps you're taking to address the issue.
- Offer to help the customer resolve the issue.
- Be honest and transparent about the situation.
- Don't get defensive or argumentative.
- Focus on resolving the issue and providing excellent customer service.
There are a number of things you can do to encourage customer reviews and testimonials on your e-commerce website, including:
- Make it easy for customers to leave reviews. The easier it is for customers to leave a review, the more likely they are to do so. Make sure that your website has a clear and concise review process.
- Ask for reviews. Don't be afraid to ask your customers to leave reviews. You can do this in an email, on your website, or on social media.
- Offer incentives for reviews. You can offer incentives for customers to leave reviews, such as discounts, free products, or gift cards.
- Respond to reviews. When customers take the time to leave a review, it's important to respond. This shows that you value their feedback and that you're committed to providing a great customer experience.
- Promote reviews. Share positive reviews on your website, social media, and email marketing campaigns. This will help to attract new customers and build trust with existing customers.
Customer reviews and testimonials can help, e-commerce businesses in a number of ways, including:
- Increasing sales. Studies have shown that positive reviews can lead to increased sales. For example, one study found that a 1-star increase in product rating can lead to a 5% increase in sales.
- Building trust. Reviews can help to build trust with potential customers. When potential customers see that other customers have had a positive experience with a product or service, they're more likely to trust the business and make a purchase.
- Improving customer satisfaction. Reviews can help businesses identify areas where they can improve their products or services. By taking customer feedback into account, businesses can improve the customer experience and increase customer satisfaction.
- Providing social proof. Reviews can provide social proof that your products or services are worth buying. When potential customers see that other people have had positive experiences with your business, they're more likely to trust you and make a purchase.
Customer reviews and testimonials are feedback from customers about their experience with a product or service. They can be written on a company's website, social media pages, or third-party review sites.
- Personalization: E-commerce businesses will use AI and machine learning to personalize the shopping experience for each individual customer. This will include things like recommending products that the customer is likely to be interested in, providing targeted discounts, and sending personalized marketing messages.
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR): AR and VR will be used to create more immersive and engaging shopping experiences. For example, customers will be able to try on clothes virtually or see how furniture would look in their home before they make a purchase.
- Voice search: Voice search will become more popular, as customers become more comfortable using their voice to interact with their devices. E-commerce businesses will need to optimize their websites for voice search in order to make it easy for customers to find the products they're looking for.
- Real-time analytics: E-commerce businesses will use real-time analytics to track customer behavior and make changes to their website or marketing campaigns in real-time. This will help them to improve the customer experience and increase sales.
There are a number of common mistakes that businesses make with e-commerce analytics, including:
- Not tracking the right metrics: Businesses often track metrics that are not relevant to their goals. It's important to choose metrics that will give you the most valuable insights into your customers and your business.
- Not analyzing the data: Even if you're tracking the right metrics, it's important to analyze the data and identify trends and patterns. This information can help you make informed decisions about your business.
- Not making changes based on the data: Once you've identified areas where you can improve, you need to make changes to your website, marketing campaigns, and products based on the data. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time and money.
- Not using an e-commerce analytics platform: E-commerce analytics platforms can make it easier to track, analyze, and act on data. If you're not using an e-commerce analytics platform, you're making things more difficult for yourself.
If you're just getting started with e-commerce analytics, here are a few steps you can take:
- Choose an e-commerce analytics platform that is right for your business.
- Set up your tracking code on your website.
- Start tracking metrics that are important to your business.
- Analyze the data and identify areas where you can improve.
- Make changes to your website, marketing campaigns, and products based on the data.
There are many benefits to using an e-commerce analytics platform, including:
- Ease of use: E-commerce analytics platforms are designed to be easy to use, even for businesses that do not have a lot of experience with data analysis.
- Powerful features: E-commerce analytics platforms offer a wide range of features that can help businesses track their performance and make informed decisions.
- Scalability: E-commerce analytics platforms can be scaled to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes.
- Cost-effectiveness: E-commerce analytics platforms are typically more cost-effective than hiring a data analyst to collect and analyze data manually.
E-commerce analytics is a subset of web analytics that focuses specifically on data related to online stores. Web analytics, on the other hand, is a broader term that encompasses all data collected from websites, regardless of whether they are e-commerce websites or not. Some of the key differences between e-commerce analytics and web analytics include:
- E-commerce analytics focuses on metrics that are specific to e-commerce, such as sales, conversion rates, and average order value.
- Web analytics focuses on a wider range of metrics, including traffic sources, bounce rates, and page views.
- E-commerce analytics data is typically more complex and difficult to interpret than web analytics data.
- E-commerce analytics is more important for businesses that sell products online than for businesses that do not.
There are 4 main types of E-Commerce –
- B2B (Business to Business) – Here, a business sells its products or services to another business. In a majority of cases, the business that is at the buying end further sells the products or services to the consumers.
- B2C (Business to consumer) – This is the most common of all the types wherein a business sells its products or services directly to the consumer.
- C2B (Consumer to Business) – This is where consumers sell products or services to the companies.
- C2C (Consumer to Consumer) – This is where consumers exchange goods and services among themselves and make money by charging transaction or listing fees.
By the end of 2021 there will be over 600 million internet users in India. On account of the users, the E-Commerce sector is expected to hit a whopping 200 billion USD by 2026. There are several E-Commerce trends that are making their way online, including smart devices that use voice activated commands to do your shopping on. There has been increased personalization in ads and promotions that has significantly boosted conversions. Much of online marketing will soon be automated, freeing precious human resource from mundane marketing tasks. There is widespread use of AI and VR to enhance customer experience. In 10 years, India’s E-Commerce industry is expected to become the second largest E-Commerce market in the world.
It has come to a point that a business is only considered successful if they have a strong online presence. This is evidently done by creating a dedicated website to the brand. The benefits of owning a website for your business are,
- A credible repository of information on your business
- 24 x 7 customer access to your business
- Boosts interaction with the brand
- It helps expand your market reach
- It improve brand awareness to a global scale
- Provides you with valuable consumer insights
- Helps you beat other competitors with online presence
- Access to all digital modes of advertising
- Makes information exchange easier
When searching for a web developer, it is important for you as a client to know the difference between website design and website development. The difference is quite distinct but a web developer is capable of doing both if they are skilled enough. Web design is the initial ideation and planning of a website’s layout, appearance and content. Web development is the actual process of developing code for creating the site and its subsequent maintenance. Web design is about creativity, while web development is completely technical. You need to engage the services of web developers who can help you with both, as they know how to recreate your brand personality on the website.