Picking out the design choices for your website can be like walking on glass. It’s always what if this doesn’t work out? Here are 10 highly effective web design effects to enhance your website, curated by the best website designing company in Chennai.
Dynamic Search Bar:
Nowadays people are too busy to navigate and read through the entire website to get what they want. It is so much easier to just enter a search query and have it retrieve the same. But the website’s search bar must be smart enough to give an immersive experience to the user. Take Netflix for example, the search bar has filters like language, genre, TV or movie to narrow down the results to the user’s exact intent. You can introduce filtered search options in your site too.
Intuitive navigation is a brilliant piece of web design that makes sure the navigation flows from web page to web page organically. The signs and directions are very clear and gently steer the user towards what they want. This design needs a fair bit of planning ahead of implementation, including the positions of the Main menu, CTAs, Sidebars, Internal linking, and the Landing pages. Website designing companies in Chennai use intuitive navigation to increase website traffic, subscribers, engagement, and search rankings.
One of the most followed trends of 2020 and first quarter of 2021 is the Hover effect. It essentially produces a change in an element like an image, video or graphic when the mouse pointer is hovered over it. It is popularly used in colourless web design where the hover transition is to a coloured rendition of the same element. It can also be used to show how a product is used in an actual setting. Selling a plate is so much easier when hovering over the plate image reveals a sumptuous and tastefully plated dish on the same plate.
People are fascinated with everything 3D, but yeah that requires some budgeting changes to implement actual 3D effects. A simpler way is to add a drop shadow to the elements. The subtle shadow effect creates an illusion of the element popping out of the screen. Such a small change in the design makes the website infinitely more attractive to the potential customers out there. Using the drop shadow for the CTA’s while keeping other text flush, can reinforce the hierarchy of the site.
Back to Top Feature:
This feature first became popular in mobile apps, especially E-Commerce ones. As you keep scrolling down the list, say you need to use a filter and go back to the main menu, there is a little Back to the Top button usually on the bottom right. This takes you back to the top of the page where the main menu is. Website Designing companies in Chennai are making the customer journey easier with this simple trick.
Parallax animation scrolling:
Parallax animation is the design trend where the foreground elements move faster than the background elements creating an illusion of depth and three dimension, as you scroll down the site. They have a pleasing aesthetic that makes your site stand out from the competitive crowd. Parallax animation has also upped the game in product presentation allowing users to experience a product from all angles. It also makes for great storytelling, bringing the page to life for the user.
Just when you thought watermark images were gone, they are making a comeback as faded backgrounds in websites. The image or video is laid back in grey scale tones or muted colours, while text, logo and other graphics are overlaid on them. Either they are static in the background or they are first in the foreground and any selection from a menu transitions them fading into the background.
Neumorphism refers to the aspect of web design that combines elements from Flat design and the real life object rendering of skeuomorphism. The word itself is a combination of New, and Skeuomorphism. The viewing experience is extremely aesthetic and is easy on the eyes. The design creates a bevelled edged extruded element that seems to be three dimensional. Website Design services in Chennai reveal that this look is relatable to viewers and attractive enough to boost traffic and search engine rankings.
Bold Typography or in simpler words Bold fonts, can help you bring the attention of the viewers to the CTAs. It creates a visual hierarchy that keeps them from being distracted from the purpose. Bold fonts usually go well with a minimalist design where they can truly pop from the rest of the web page. They make it look like you are making a statement about the brand, products or services. You can also try putting bold retro fonts in this season. They give a classy aesthetic to a modern day minimalist website.
Colourless Design is also a new trend that we previously mentioned in the hover reveal section. The entire website is in grayscale theme with plenty of white space. The layout is also kept minimalist. Wherever there is a graphic, image or a video element, hovering the mouse pointer over them, transforms them into a coloured version. This makes sure that the element becomes the focus of attention to the user.
Get your website on the right track with extraordinary design, by engaging the experts. Open Designs is the best web designing company in Chennai, that has been in the field for over 20 years. We customise web design to match the brand personality and end customer preferences, at attractive rates.
Website design has come a long way from the basic blue and white theme with black text to colourful, interactive spaces that have become even primary source of income for businesses. Here are the latest trends in web design that will keep you on top of the industry. Parallax Animation: The foreground is designed to move faster than the background creating a 3D visual effect. Neumorphism: Digital embossing with soft backgrounds with overlay elements that have a shadow to lift them off the screen. Dark Mode: Like mobile apps websites too are turning to dark mode to give viewers a comfortable experience. Pastel Colours: Businesses are going with pastel colour themes to give a visually soothing customer experience. Scrolling transformations: The elements on the screen are designed to move and transform with scrolling creating a video like effect.
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
Congratulations on your decision to make a website for your business. Follow these steps for the best way to build a successful website.
- Choose a web developer. Find a web developer with experience and knowledge of website design.
- Choose an initial web template. Select a suitable template and ask your developer to build and customise on it.
- Edit and Review the site. Insert your content, images and graphics in the website. Before launching it, test the site’s performance to work out the kinks.
- Create a domain. A domain is the unique address of your site and has to be registered with a domain provider.
- Publish your website: Now that your website is designed and done, you are ready to publish it.
By now a lot of businesses have realised the importance of good web design. However there are some important principles that need to be followed to ensure that your website turns out perfect.
- Ensure the website loads fast, as this reduces website abandonment.
- Show your intent on every page so customers landing on any page are aware of what your business does.
- Keep it simple so you don’t distract visitors from their purpose, with too many elements.
- Make the navigation as easy as possible, with any part of the website accessible in 3 clicks.
- Maintain the hierarchy in the layout. You don’t want your customers to keep scrolling back up each time they want to refer something.
- Use simple, attractive and value adding content that can convince visitors into becoming customers.
- The site must be mobile friendly for customers to access it on the go.
Your website is the first impression that an online customer gets of your business. It is important to make a positive impact on your clients. The website design has the potential to convert a random visitor to a customer and boost organic sales. A great web design will keep customers loyal to your brand as they find the platform comfortable and convenient to use. It provides a good UI/UX to your clients and nurtures your leads. Better the website design, more the engagement with it, bringing in more traffic. It improves the accessibility of your website to a wider audience. It has a significant influence on the brand image and it is important that you get professionals to design your website.
It has come to a point that a business is only considered successful if they have a strong online presence. This is evidently done by creating a dedicated website to the brand. The benefits of owning a website for your business are,
- A credible repository of information on your business
- 24 x 7 customer access to your business
- Boosts interaction with the brand
- It helps expand your market reach
- It improve brand awareness to a global scale
- Provides you with valuable consumer insights
- Helps you beat other competitors with online presence
- Access to all digital modes of advertising
- Makes information exchange easier
When searching for a web developer, it is important for you as a client to know the difference between website design and website development. The difference is quite distinct but a web developer is capable of doing both if they are skilled enough. Web design is the initial ideation and planning of a website’s layout, appearance and content. Web development is the actual process of developing code for creating the site and its subsequent maintenance. Web design is about creativity, while web development is completely technical. You need to engage the services of web developers who can help you with both, as they know how to recreate your brand personality on the website.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site
Digital Marketing has become an essential part of today’s business world. It has become so competitive that traditional marketing methods are no longer as effective as before. Digital marketing can improve your conversion rate, boost traffic to the site, keep your customers engaged, helps you understand the market and customers with valuable insights, increases your reputation, and is generally cost effective. Most of your online customers are using their mobile phones to access your site. Digital marketing helps make your business more accessible to mobile users, who make up nearly 60% of the clientele. It makes the entire customer journey more interactive and memorable, bringing you loyal customers, who come just for a good user experience. Digital marketing can also be automated, freeing you from the hassle of keeping track of the campaigns.