An SEO ranking is the most sought after position for web designing or content development companies and it remains a cash cow that increases revenue and creates mighty successes out of ordinary businesses. An SEO ranking indicates the standing of a website in the higher section of the search results page. A higher ranked site will be displayed more frequently thus inviting more visitors on the site. More traffic for your site obviously means a better online footfall and more business.
This has led to site’s digital marketers and analysts vying for the most efficient tools to help their content stay ahead of the pack at all times. There are several tools available in the market, paid and free. Though most of the tools have their free versions, the paid ones would help gain the extra mile by providing detailed analysis.
Let’s peep in and discover some facets of the most popular tools available today. If you are new to SEO tooling, we recommend starting with a free download, reviewing your website and planning the recommended changes as soon as possible. Leave it to the SEO Toolkit to help improve the relevance of your website in search results right away.
Analytics is an entirely free program for tracking traffic patterns on your web-site. It integrates well with other Google applications such as AdSense and AdWords, which makes it all the more valuable. Custom dashboards are possible in this tool, including whatever metrics you wish to view details on.
The primary Visitors Overview screen helps you view your traffic patterns for the past month (or view patterns on your custom date selection). ‘Visitors’ also shows you the average time spent on your site, the bounce rate, and the percentage of new visits which summarizes a good, high-level overview of how your site is doing. High pages/visit, high average time on your site, and a low bounce rate give you an idea of how useful visitors are finding your site once they arrive.
Other information regarding Traffic sources (to track if web traffic is coming from a variety of sources), Content (which depicts page views instead of visits), Conversions (of type Goals to track different kinds of action on your site like length of time spent, reaching a specific page etc and E-Commerce to know where your most profitable customers came from) can be easily obtained and managed via Analytics.
Microsoft’s SEO Toolkit
The IIS SEO Toolkit includes modules like Site Analysis, Robots Exclusion and the Sitemaps and Site Indexes, which let you perform detailed analysis and offer recommendations and editing tools for managing your Robots and Sitemaps files. Pre-built reports, for e.g. in the Site Analysis module aligns your site to SEO recommendations to discover problems such as broken links, performance issues and duplicate resources.
This is a paid tool which is ranked way up by many digital marketing guru’s. SEMRush lets you do keyword research, track keyword ranking, check backlinks and most importantly do a complete SEO audit of your blog. SEMRush makes it easier to find what keyword your site (or for that matter – any site!) is ranking for. Since, the tool has access to large amount of data from Bing and Google, it lets you see where the competitors are ranking for more than 95 million organic keywords.
Thus, it gets easier for you to determine how successful a keyword is for a particular domain and also to see the value of organic traffic coming to specific landing pages. Using this tool, you can find keywords which are driving traffic to your competitor’s website, following which you can write quality content based on those keywords and the valuable pearls of inputs gleaned.
Monitoring rankings regularly is a key task for SEO. Authority Labs provides a daily SEO ranking reports tool which automates campaign monitoring, competitor tracking, and local rank tracking, thereby saving a lot of time. All you need to do is add the domains and keywords you want to track and its gets done!
Authority Labs provides daily rank checking on all the accounts, tracks search results at postal code or city level for accurate reporting, and adds domains or pages from any country and language offered by Google.
With Authority Labs, you can also track competitor domains and gain valuable insights. Moreover, the tool can be accessed by unlimited users for reporting at no extra cost.
Ahrefs gives you a Site Explorer and backlink checker for providing SEO data. The suite includes SEO Report, Site Explorer, Domain Comparison, Backlinks Report and Batch Analysis. Site Explorer is the most popular tool of Ahrefs which is a backlinks profile checker that runs reports on URL or domain and gives key metrics on the number of referring pages/IPs/domains/subnets, backlinks, backlink types and anchor pages.
To get started, a typical website will take 14 weeks from minimum from inception to the delivery stage. It could take much longer depending on your requirements. Discuss with your website development team to get an idea about the delivery date. Actively research the market and the best service provider to get it done professionally. Website development is one of the crucial aspects of your business on which you shouldn’t compromise. Ensure that you get regular updates from your development team to make sure everything is executed as per the schedule. There are chances that conflicts might arise which may compromise the overall development process, you should be prepared to tackle the situation and get things done in a smooth manner.
Breadcrumbs are nothing but a secondary navigation system that can be used to learn about the user’s location on a particular website. Visitors can get a better idea about the webpage if they have an overview of the hierarchy on the website. They serve as an effective visual aid that represents the location of a user within the website. It is not a complex mechanism on websites and will up only a line on your website. One of the main advantages of breadcrumbs is that they do not have any negative impact on your website in terms of content overload. If you have a large number of web pages piled up on your site, you must incorporate breadcrumbs into your site.
Google Sandbox is a common term that is used to explain the lower rankings of new websites in the Google search results. The function of Google sandbox is to provide results that are highly relevant to the users. Filtering out new websites and constantly monitoring them helps the search engine to provide relevant results. Moreover, it is difficult to say how long a website will be inside the sandbox as it primarily depends on the types of keywords it will be competing against. If your website has high-quality and relevant content, then the Google sandbox shouldn’t be a huge problem for you. The ultimate aim should be to optimize the website to stand out from the crowd.
Accelerated Mobile Pages is an open-source project that is designed to optimize faster mobile pages. To break it down into simpler terms, it is making a page loading faster that is already optimized to be mobile-friendly. You have to use a streamlined version of CSS if you are opting for accelerated mobile pages. The website must be validated properly on a regular basis to ensure that they work properly. If you are looking to offer a better user experience, incorporate custom fonts into it and declare the proper height & weight of the page to avoid quirky-loading images. Accelerated mobile pages can significantly reduce the overall bounce rate on your website and improve conversion rates for your business.
SEO marketing is the process of increasing both the quality and quantity of website traffic. All this results in increasing the exposure of the business to the right target audience. SEO is that one marketing tool that holds the potential to pay dividends over time continuously. If you have content that is strong and has every reason to rank at the top, you need not invest in other marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility of your website. It is because of this that SEO marketing plays a pivotal role in growing your business. Therefore, optimizing your site in a manner that shows up within the top search results is critical.
How good your website is has a lot to do with the business you generate at the end of the day. Here is why website development is important.
- The first impression of your business is the website. If your website is outdated, the impression of the business left behind is definitely not what you’d want.
- By looking at how well the website is developed, the customers get a fair idea of how they would be treated by the business. If the website is not worked upon well, they tend to believe that the business won’t take efforts in catering to the requirements of the customers as well.
- A well-designed website enables the audience to build trust with the business.
- A poorly designed website has an adverse impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
In order to make it into the list of good websites, there are a couple of things that one needs to take note of.
- A good website doesn’t take much time to load.
- A website that is trustworthy – both in terms of content as well as technicalities is the most sought after.
- The website should be free of bugs.
- Make sure that your website caters to a specific goal/objective.
- For a website to reach out to the maximum, it is important to understand the target audience in-depth, right from what they need to what other websites do they use.
- Making use of the right words, font and style always help.
There is no specific best SEO tool, but here is a list of SEO tools that all the experts are using in 2021.
- Ahrefs – SEO keyword tool
- Google Search Console
- SEMRush – Marketing tools for SEO
- KWFinder – SEO keyword tool
- MOZ Pro – Complete SEO software
- Ubersuggest – Keyword Tracking tool
- Answer the Public – Keyword association tool
- Woorank – SEO Ranking Tool
- Majestic – Marketing tool for SEO
- Google Trends – SEO trends checking tool
- SEO Quake – Free SEO audit tool
- Siteliner – SEO analytics tool
- Fat Rank – SEO ranking tool
- Screaming Frog – SEO audit and insights tool
- Serpstat – One stop SEO platform
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
SEO is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to boost traffic to your site. It can open the gateway to new customer pools, even on a global scale. The top SEO trends of 2021 are,
- Core web vitals : Loading, Interactivity and Visual Stability
- Google’s BERT: Using Machine learning and natural language processing for intent matching.
- Keyword research: To identify high ranking keywords.
- Original content: Value adding content that attracts traffic organically.
- Voice search: Voice activated searches that include colloquialisms in global languages.
- Artificial intelligence: Using AI to personalise the customer journey.
- Video marketing: For visitors to better relate to the brand with audio visual stimulation.
- Featured snippets: Elevate reputation of the business with features snippets on Google.
- Influencer SEO: Partner with social media influencers to get their following as customers.
- EAT & Branded SEO: Build expertise, authority and trust by building brand awareness.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site