We are undeniably in the Digital Age, and businesses need to constantly evolve along with their customers. The COVID19 pandemic lockdown proved to be an eye-opener for retail businesses, both big and small, about the importance of having an online presence. With stores being forced to shut or have restricted entry, these businesses faced huge losses, while those with an online shopping site i.e an E-Commerce site, fared better.
If you are a retail business looking for E-Commerce website design services, this article will be of immense help in convincing you to step into the online world. In case you are a firm that offers E-Commerce website design, then this article touches on the key points that you should focus on to make you, the best E-Commerce Development Company, especially in a country like India.
What is E-Commerce?
Many stores have their products and services outlined on their website. This does not make them an E-Commerce site. A proper E-Commerce site, involves an easily navigable array of products, with clearly defined specifications, along with a simple checkout process, that gets the product delivered right at the customer’s doorstep. The system should be capable of collecting user information and using it to promote further activity on the site. Some huge multi-national organizations are purely run through E-Commerce. The positive effect is slowly rubbing off on smaller retail businesses that are looking to cut a step above their competition.
Coordinate with your E-Commerce website design service provider to ensure that the platform has all the following accessibility that caters to and attracts the end-users.
No Borders or Constraints
E-Commerce is above all physical and metaphysical borders like location and time. Customers can access your products from anywhere around the world, at any time. This enables 24X7 revenue, unlike the physical store which is limited by working hours, number of branches, size and manpower. The reach is international, as literally, anyone with a basic smartphone and internet connection can access you. With a single headquarters and multiple delivery hubs, you can operate worldwide.
Lower operating costs
You can afford to expand without necessarily increasing manpower as reduced paperwork and manual work lowers your operating cost. You can run things from even the comfort of your home. You can save considerably on the real estate, cleverly diverting the revenue into further virtual expansion.
Ease of Access and Affordability
Instead of searching through shelves or calling on customer care executives, the product is a touch away, simply by inputting keywords. Reduced operating costs, enables you to provide attractive discounts and offers to retain your client base. The customer does not have to physically come down to the store, saving them time and money, leading them to choose E-Commerce over regular retail shopping.
Keeping your client informed
The site can be used to offer your customers, the right information to enable them to make informed choices. This kind of product information cannot be given in a physical store, leading to misinformation and consequent loss of clients. The E-Commerce site also analyses the customer’s preferences and from data of previous purchases, makes automated suggestions and custom offers, that appeal to the clients.
New Customer Base
The E-Commerce platform helps you reach a wider audience, even when you have niche products. A simple search for their requirement online will lead them to you, with a healthy dose of SEO, even if you are dealing in obscure products or operating from a never heard of location. The traffic diverted into your site, organically or inorganically, gives you valuable insight into what the customer wants. Using this information you can alter your product inventory to suit your profit-making goals.
E-Commerce will soon become the norm, and the only way, to keep businesses at least on the curve if not ahead of it. We offer some of the best E-Commerce Website Design services in India, and you can get in touch with us, by clicking on the <Envelope Symbol> on the top Right hand corner of the page. Post your requirements and we shall get in touch with you for a consultation.
Digital marketing is one of the ways in which you can boost the business sales like never before. Having said that, considering how reliant everyone has become on digital marketing, it is all set to rule the future. Here is why –
- The extent to which people these days are using the internet throws light on how increased internet usage would be in the days to come.
- Digital marketing is an excellent way of building brand awareness among people.
- All the digital marketing strategies put forth by the companies can be monitored as well. The expectation vs. reality picture becomes way clearer now. This further helps in opening up doors for improvement, if any.
No. Digital Marketing and Digital Branding are different from each other. Digital Marketing focusses on promoting a particular product or service, highlighting its benefits and how useful it would be to the consumers. Digital branding on the other hand is much more subtle and highlights the personality of the company or brand as a whole. Products and services will come and go. Digital marketing strategies will change to suit the seasonal needs or are tailor made for the product in question. However Digital branding is like a long tern digital marketing strategy to bolster the reputation of the company. It communicates what are the core values of the company and what they do to upkeep those values to give the best customer experience.
By now a lot of businesses have realised the importance of good web design. However there are some important principles that need to be followed to ensure that your website turns out perfect.
- Ensure the website loads fast, as this reduces website abandonment.
- Show your intent on every page so customers landing on any page are aware of what your business does.
- Keep it simple so you don’t distract visitors from their purpose, with too many elements.
- Make the navigation as easy as possible, with any part of the website accessible in 3 clicks.
- Maintain the hierarchy in the layout. You don’t want your customers to keep scrolling back up each time they want to refer something.
- Use simple, attractive and value adding content that can convince visitors into becoming customers.
- The site must be mobile friendly for customers to access it on the go.
Your website is the first impression that an online customer gets of your business. It is important to make a positive impact on your clients. The website design has the potential to convert a random visitor to a customer and boost organic sales. A great web design will keep customers loyal to your brand as they find the platform comfortable and convenient to use. It provides a good UI/UX to your clients and nurtures your leads. Better the website design, more the engagement with it, bringing in more traffic. It improves the accessibility of your website to a wider audience. It has a significant influence on the brand image and it is important that you get professionals to design your website.
It has come to a point that a business is only considered successful if they have a strong online presence. This is evidently done by creating a dedicated website to the brand. The benefits of owning a website for your business are,
- A credible repository of information on your business
- 24 x 7 customer access to your business
- Boosts interaction with the brand
- It helps expand your market reach
- It improve brand awareness to a global scale
- Provides you with valuable consumer insights
- Helps you beat other competitors with online presence
- Access to all digital modes of advertising
- Makes information exchange easier
SEO is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to boost traffic to your site. It can open the gateway to new customer pools, even on a global scale. The top SEO trends of 2021 are,
- Core web vitals : Loading, Interactivity and Visual Stability
- Google’s BERT: Using Machine learning and natural language processing for intent matching.
- Keyword research: To identify high ranking keywords.
- Original content: Value adding content that attracts traffic organically.
- Voice search: Voice activated searches that include colloquialisms in global languages.
- Artificial intelligence: Using AI to personalise the customer journey.
- Video marketing: For visitors to better relate to the brand with audio visual stimulation.
- Featured snippets: Elevate reputation of the business with features snippets on Google.
- Influencer SEO: Partner with social media influencers to get their following as customers.
- EAT & Branded SEO: Build expertise, authority and trust by building brand awareness.
When searching for a web developer, it is important for you as a client to know the difference between website design and website development. The difference is quite distinct but a web developer is capable of doing both if they are skilled enough. Web design is the initial ideation and planning of a website’s layout, appearance and content. Web development is the actual process of developing code for creating the site and its subsequent maintenance. Web design is about creativity, while web development is completely technical. You need to engage the services of web developers who can help you with both, as they know how to recreate your brand personality on the website.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site