Gain customer attention with this subtle little website feature, with tips from the top web development company in Chennai.
Chat windows are ubiquitous now, as customers prefer direct interaction with the brand. Here are the secrets to making them engaging, subsequently retaining customer loyalty.
Match theme with the brand colours:
The chat window must not clash from the rest of the website, when it pops up. It must match with the overall colour scheme. This helps the user identify the chat window as an organic part of your website. It must blend into the website, but must have enough contrast to be a distinct entity.
Have a Background:
Consumers are a little tired of the boring white or dark theme chat windows with solid backgrounds. Choose a subtle background image, even as a watermark. The image must be coloured in such a way that the text overlay is easy to read. A simple gradient pattern in muted colours usually works.
Always start with an introduction:
Open the chat box with a little introduction. The introduction must be precise enough for users to identify whether they are chatting with a chatbot or an actual human. If the chat window opens with a little profile picture of the agent assigned, it gives it a personal touch.
Personalise the greeting message:
If your website requires a log in or a welcome survey that asks the visitor who they are, you can use this to personalise the greeting message. Phrases like – It’s good to see you again, or Hey there welcome back! can be used on repeat visitors. New visitors can get the usual intro message discussed before. The best web design services in Chennai even suggest using the customer’s name for logged in accounts.
Show Chat History:
If your products and services require extensive customer support, you may want to think about offering a chat history option. Users might want to verify details like order numbers, reference clarifications, etc. This also adds to the reputation of your site.
Ask questions to prompt conversation:
Based on the page where the visitor is, you can initiate open ended questions that prompt them to carry on the conversation. This kind of engagement gets you valuable customer information. If they are browsing through books of a certain genre, you can ask if they would be interested in books written by a certain author you want to promote.
Display the reply time:
If you are using live personnel for manning the chat window, then you have limited resources but thousands of customers who might be on your site simultaneously. When a customer asks queries in the chat window, show them the approximate time taken for assistance to get back to them.
Display an Away message when Chat Window is down:
If the chat window is disabled for some reason, always have a customary chat window with the message that live support is away. You can suggest other alternatives like Email or customer support number to call in the meantime.
Integrate chat window with FAQs:
Customers often come to the chat window to clarify very common queries. Integrating the chat window with the FAQs will help chatbots or live personnel retrieve the necessary data quickly. The customer finds what they need easily without having to search around for it.
Play around with the placements:
Chat windows are usually placed on the bottom right of the website screen. You can try out other placements, as websites these days adopt a lot of experimental layouts that may not go with the conventional chat window placement. Few choose to open the chat window in a new tab or window.
Make the customer feel the brand personality:
The chat window is as much a part of your website as the rest of the elements are. It must show your brand personality distinctly. Whether you want to set a serious tone or more playful, the chat window must also exert the same in its copy and theme.
Give access to fast links:
As one of the top web development companies in Chennai, we always recommend that the visitor must be able to go anywhere on the site within 3 clicks. If this is not possible on your site, give the visitors fast access links through the chat window to get where they want quickly.
Open Designs is one of the top 10 web designing companies in Chennai. We have access to considerable research when it comes to web design and development that we have amassed over the past 20 odd years. Get your website features a facelift from our web design experts.
Website design has come a long way from the basic blue and white theme with black text to colourful, interactive spaces that have become even primary source of income for businesses. Here are the latest trends in web design that will keep you on top of the industry. Parallax Animation: The foreground is designed to move faster than the background creating a 3D visual effect. Neumorphism: Digital embossing with soft backgrounds with overlay elements that have a shadow to lift them off the screen. Dark Mode: Like mobile apps websites too are turning to dark mode to give viewers a comfortable experience. Pastel Colours: Businesses are going with pastel colour themes to give a visually soothing customer experience. Scrolling transformations: The elements on the screen are designed to move and transform with scrolling creating a video like effect.
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
Congratulations on your decision to make a website for your business. Follow these steps for the best way to build a successful website.
- Choose a web developer. Find a web developer with experience and knowledge of website design.
- Choose an initial web template. Select a suitable template and ask your developer to build and customise on it.
- Edit and Review the site. Insert your content, images and graphics in the website. Before launching it, test the site’s performance to work out the kinks.
- Create a domain. A domain is the unique address of your site and has to be registered with a domain provider.
- Publish your website: Now that your website is designed and done, you are ready to publish it.
By now a lot of businesses have realised the importance of good web design. However there are some important principles that need to be followed to ensure that your website turns out perfect.
- Ensure the website loads fast, as this reduces website abandonment.
- Show your intent on every page so customers landing on any page are aware of what your business does.
- Keep it simple so you don’t distract visitors from their purpose, with too many elements.
- Make the navigation as easy as possible, with any part of the website accessible in 3 clicks.
- Maintain the hierarchy in the layout. You don’t want your customers to keep scrolling back up each time they want to refer something.
- Use simple, attractive and value adding content that can convince visitors into becoming customers.
- The site must be mobile friendly for customers to access it on the go.
Your website is the first impression that an online customer gets of your business. It is important to make a positive impact on your clients. The website design has the potential to convert a random visitor to a customer and boost organic sales. A great web design will keep customers loyal to your brand as they find the platform comfortable and convenient to use. It provides a good UI/UX to your clients and nurtures your leads. Better the website design, more the engagement with it, bringing in more traffic. It improves the accessibility of your website to a wider audience. It has a significant influence on the brand image and it is important that you get professionals to design your website.
It has come to a point that a business is only considered successful if they have a strong online presence. This is evidently done by creating a dedicated website to the brand. The benefits of owning a website for your business are,
- A credible repository of information on your business
- 24 x 7 customer access to your business
- Boosts interaction with the brand
- It helps expand your market reach
- It improve brand awareness to a global scale
- Provides you with valuable consumer insights
- Helps you beat other competitors with online presence
- Access to all digital modes of advertising
- Makes information exchange easier
When searching for a web developer, it is important for you as a client to know the difference between website design and website development. The difference is quite distinct but a web developer is capable of doing both if they are skilled enough. Web design is the initial ideation and planning of a website’s layout, appearance and content. Web development is the actual process of developing code for creating the site and its subsequent maintenance. Web design is about creativity, while web development is completely technical. You need to engage the services of web developers who can help you with both, as they know how to recreate your brand personality on the website.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site
Digital Marketing has become an essential part of today’s business world. It has become so competitive that traditional marketing methods are no longer as effective as before. Digital marketing can improve your conversion rate, boost traffic to the site, keep your customers engaged, helps you understand the market and customers with valuable insights, increases your reputation, and is generally cost effective. Most of your online customers are using their mobile phones to access your site. Digital marketing helps make your business more accessible to mobile users, who make up nearly 60% of the clientele. It makes the entire customer journey more interactive and memorable, bringing you loyal customers, who come just for a good user experience. Digital marketing can also be automated, freeing you from the hassle of keeping track of the campaigns.