As a business owner, you might have surely faced the disappointment of lower sales during your initial days. However, you might also have found the solutions to your challenges with effective targeting strategies such as redesigning your website by the best eCommerce development company or publishing focused ads aimed at your potential audience. As the case may be, you may have also discovered the magic pill of Product Retargeting during the course of your re-strategizing plans.
What is Product Retargeting?
Product Retargeting is extremely powerful as it gives you the opportunity to show ads to your target audience or the ones who visited your site already. By following this strategy, you can easily nurture them to complete a conversion.
It can also be considered as the magical path that leads business owners to connect with potential customers in the quickest possible way. If you aren’t paying enough attention to these strategies, that’s a real problem right there.
Apart from retargeting, there are several strategies that you should pay precise attention to. Luckily, there are ways to get along with it. If you want to improve your sales and grow your eCommerce business, getting in touch with the best eCommerce development company in Chennai is the best way to get started.
Why is retargeting so important?
It is a well-known fact that a majority of users will not make a purchase on their first visit to your site. Most business owners do not take action on it and blame it on the marketing team. The major problem is that you are letting a lion’s share of potential customers slip right under your nose.
That’s where retargeting comes into play; you can reach out to your visitors after they’ve left your page/website and promote your products/services. There are a bunch of companies that could easily pull off this job; go through the listicles of the top 10 eCommerce companies in Chennai to create retargeting campaigns that yield results.
Here are some of the retargeting strategies for your eCommerce platform.
Ready customer retargeting:
Customers who have already made up their minds to make a purchase are called “Ready customers”. These customers can also be making their first purchase on your store and retargeting gives them the little push they need to proceed. Contact the best eCommerce development company in Chennai to get more customers in the shortest turnaround time.
Top customer retargeting:
For most businesses, 80% of their sales will be contributed by their regular customers. These will constitute your loyal customer base and can also be referred to as your “Top Customers”. Although they always prefer your brand/product every time, retargeting ads will ensure that your company stays fresh in their minds. Discuss your business requirement with a top eCommerce web design company in Chennai to keep your customers engaged with your brand/service.
Abandoned cart retargeting:
Ever got annoyed by the regular notifications from Flipkart and Amazon? A study has concluded that more than 77% of users abandon the products in their cart because of these incessant notifications – a number that business owners cannot afford to ignore.
Now that it has become clear that one cannot stop a customer from abandoning their cart, the good news is, retargeting ads can help you with it.
Dynamic product retargeting:
Dynamic product retargeting is one of the most common types of retargeting strategies that can be witnessed on social media platforms. Carousels can be a great way to grab the attention of a potential customer. Hire a professional designer from the best eCommerce development company in Chennai to attract users. As the carousels will have a picture of the product along with a short description and its link, the conversion rate is very high.
Website visitor retargeting:
Customers will leave your site for various reasons and may not come back to make a purchase. The common reasons include improper website design, poor UI/UX design, change of mind, price, unavailability of product, etc. Luckily, there are ways to reach out to them even after they have left your website. Ensure that you recruit talented hands to make the most out of this golden opportunity.
All things considered:
Retargeting is something that requires your utmost attention as you will be risking sending your lead magnet to the wrong person. If you notice the retargeting ads on social media platforms, they will be precise, hyper-focussed, and will stick to the point.
Since it is literally about a single product/service, make sure you don’t commit any mistakes. Join hands with the best eCommerce development company in Chennai to craft your retargeting ads with innovative ideas and promotional strategies.
Customer reviews and testimonials can be a valuable source of information for improving your business. Here are some ways you can use them:
- Identify areas where you can improve your products or services.
- Get feedback on your customer service.
- Learn what your customers are looking for.
- Use positive reviews to attract new customers.
- Use negative reviews to improve your customer experience.
- Keep track of your progress over time.
When a customer leaves a negative review, it's important to respond in a professional and courteous manner. Here are some tips for responding to negative reviews:
- Start by thanking the customer for their feedback.
- Apologize for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction they may have experienced.
- Explain the steps you're taking to address the issue.
- Offer to help the customer resolve the issue.
- Be honest and transparent about the situation.
- Don't get defensive or argumentative.
- Focus on resolving the issue and providing excellent customer service.
There are a number of things you can do to encourage customer reviews and testimonials on your e-commerce website, including:
- Make it easy for customers to leave reviews. The easier it is for customers to leave a review, the more likely they are to do so. Make sure that your website has a clear and concise review process.
- Ask for reviews. Don't be afraid to ask your customers to leave reviews. You can do this in an email, on your website, or on social media.
- Offer incentives for reviews. You can offer incentives for customers to leave reviews, such as discounts, free products, or gift cards.
- Respond to reviews. When customers take the time to leave a review, it's important to respond. This shows that you value their feedback and that you're committed to providing a great customer experience.
- Promote reviews. Share positive reviews on your website, social media, and email marketing campaigns. This will help to attract new customers and build trust with existing customers.
Customer reviews and testimonials can help, e-commerce businesses in a number of ways, including:
- Increasing sales. Studies have shown that positive reviews can lead to increased sales. For example, one study found that a 1-star increase in product rating can lead to a 5% increase in sales.
- Building trust. Reviews can help to build trust with potential customers. When potential customers see that other customers have had a positive experience with a product or service, they're more likely to trust the business and make a purchase.
- Improving customer satisfaction. Reviews can help businesses identify areas where they can improve their products or services. By taking customer feedback into account, businesses can improve the customer experience and increase customer satisfaction.
- Providing social proof. Reviews can provide social proof that your products or services are worth buying. When potential customers see that other people have had positive experiences with your business, they're more likely to trust you and make a purchase.
Customer reviews and testimonials are feedback from customers about their experience with a product or service. They can be written on a company's website, social media pages, or third-party review sites.
- Personalization: E-commerce businesses will use AI and machine learning to personalize the shopping experience for each individual customer. This will include things like recommending products that the customer is likely to be interested in, providing targeted discounts, and sending personalized marketing messages.
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR): AR and VR will be used to create more immersive and engaging shopping experiences. For example, customers will be able to try on clothes virtually or see how furniture would look in their home before they make a purchase.
- Voice search: Voice search will become more popular, as customers become more comfortable using their voice to interact with their devices. E-commerce businesses will need to optimize their websites for voice search in order to make it easy for customers to find the products they're looking for.
- Real-time analytics: E-commerce businesses will use real-time analytics to track customer behavior and make changes to their website or marketing campaigns in real-time. This will help them to improve the customer experience and increase sales.
There are a number of common mistakes that businesses make with e-commerce analytics, including:
- Not tracking the right metrics: Businesses often track metrics that are not relevant to their goals. It's important to choose metrics that will give you the most valuable insights into your customers and your business.
- Not analyzing the data: Even if you're tracking the right metrics, it's important to analyze the data and identify trends and patterns. This information can help you make informed decisions about your business.
- Not making changes based on the data: Once you've identified areas where you can improve, you need to make changes to your website, marketing campaigns, and products based on the data. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time and money.
- Not using an e-commerce analytics platform: E-commerce analytics platforms can make it easier to track, analyze, and act on data. If you're not using an e-commerce analytics platform, you're making things more difficult for yourself.
If you're just getting started with e-commerce analytics, here are a few steps you can take:
- Choose an e-commerce analytics platform that is right for your business.
- Set up your tracking code on your website.
- Start tracking metrics that are important to your business.
- Analyze the data and identify areas where you can improve.
- Make changes to your website, marketing campaigns, and products based on the data.
There are many benefits to using an e-commerce analytics platform, including:
- Ease of use: E-commerce analytics platforms are designed to be easy to use, even for businesses that do not have a lot of experience with data analysis.
- Powerful features: E-commerce analytics platforms offer a wide range of features that can help businesses track their performance and make informed decisions.
- Scalability: E-commerce analytics platforms can be scaled to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes.
- Cost-effectiveness: E-commerce analytics platforms are typically more cost-effective than hiring a data analyst to collect and analyze data manually.
E-commerce analytics is a subset of web analytics that focuses specifically on data related to online stores. Web analytics, on the other hand, is a broader term that encompasses all data collected from websites, regardless of whether they are e-commerce websites or not. Some of the key differences between e-commerce analytics and web analytics include:
- E-commerce analytics focuses on metrics that are specific to e-commerce, such as sales, conversion rates, and average order value.
- Web analytics focuses on a wider range of metrics, including traffic sources, bounce rates, and page views.
- E-commerce analytics data is typically more complex and difficult to interpret than web analytics data.
- E-commerce analytics is more important for businesses that sell products online than for businesses that do not.
There are 4 main types of E-Commerce –
- B2B (Business to Business) – Here, a business sells its products or services to another business. In a majority of cases, the business that is at the buying end further sells the products or services to the consumers.
- B2C (Business to consumer) – This is the most common of all the types wherein a business sells its products or services directly to the consumer.
- C2B (Consumer to Business) – This is where consumers sell products or services to the companies.
- C2C (Consumer to Consumer) – This is where consumers exchange goods and services among themselves and make money by charging transaction or listing fees.
By the end of 2021 there will be over 600 million internet users in India. On account of the users, the E-Commerce sector is expected to hit a whopping 200 billion USD by 2026. There are several E-Commerce trends that are making their way online, including smart devices that use voice activated commands to do your shopping on. There has been increased personalization in ads and promotions that has significantly boosted conversions. Much of online marketing will soon be automated, freeing precious human resource from mundane marketing tasks. There is widespread use of AI and VR to enhance customer experience. In 10 years, India’s E-Commerce industry is expected to become the second largest E-Commerce market in the world.
It has come to a point that a business is only considered successful if they have a strong online presence. This is evidently done by creating a dedicated website to the brand. The benefits of owning a website for your business are,
- A credible repository of information on your business
- 24 x 7 customer access to your business
- Boosts interaction with the brand
- It helps expand your market reach
- It improve brand awareness to a global scale
- Provides you with valuable consumer insights
- Helps you beat other competitors with online presence
- Access to all digital modes of advertising
- Makes information exchange easier
When searching for a web developer, it is important for you as a client to know the difference between website design and website development. The difference is quite distinct but a web developer is capable of doing both if they are skilled enough. Web design is the initial ideation and planning of a website’s layout, appearance and content. Web development is the actual process of developing code for creating the site and its subsequent maintenance. Web design is about creativity, while web development is completely technical. You need to engage the services of web developers who can help you with both, as they know how to recreate your brand personality on the website.