If you want your content to rank highly, then optimizing it for users and popular search engines is key. Generating content that is SEO friendly, however, is time-consuming and laborious. Although, by doing so, one is guaranteed to achieve phenomenal SEO friendly content that ranks highly. Most people are under the impression that content that is optimized for SEO is not user-friendly, but this is far from reality. It is not enough for a piece of content to be SEO optimized to rank higher. The content also has to be of superior quality to do so. Both these things go hand in hand. The below-listed steps should act as a guide for anyone looking to achieve SEO-optimized content.
Carrying Out Extensive Keyword Research Is Paramount
Identifying the best keywords and incorporating them in the right manner will help your content rank higher. One can search for the right keywords in a number of ways, including
Quora can be used as a tool to identify unique variations of the keywords that you are targeting. Content creators utilize it to find topics pertaining to the industry that they are targeting.
The related searchers offered by Google at the end of a page are useful in determining what users’ intentions are when searching for a particular keyword.
One of the easiest ways to find search phrases and keywords that are trending is to find out what the related searches for a keyword that you are targeting. This can be done by entering the keyword you’re targeting and then waiting for Google to offer you prompts.
Wikipedia is a great way to find keywords pertaining to a specific topic. Simply find the Wikipedia page for the topic in question and use it as a reference. These keywords also rank highly in SERP.
Peruse diverse industry-specific forums to look for related queries and topics that people are interested in with respect to your target keyword.
Find Out What Your Competition Is Up To
A great way to look for the best keywords pertaining to your product/service is to keep an eye on your competition. This way you can let them do all the work, while also posing stiff competition on SERP.
There are numerous novel ways to find the best keywords. Albeit, discovering them alone is not enough. You have to incorporate them in the right manner for them to work well. Use your keywords in everything from your titles, URLs and meta descriptions to Heading tags (H1, H2, etc), Image names, and content. However, overdoing them can lead to keyword stuffing, which is detrimental to your SERP rankings. Exercise some restraint when incorporating keywords and do in a manner that seems natural.
Device A Clean-Cut Framework
A part of developing great SEO friendly content is to develop a well-constructed framework. Begin by identifying the essence of your content. Then, break it down into segments. This should make easier to write and simpler for your users to digest. Upon successfully devising a suitable, free-flowing outline, spend some time perfecting each of these segments individually. Make sure that your content has a great introduction, a substantial body, and a lasting conclusion. Make sure to include a compelling CTA (call-to-action) in your conclusion.
Come Up With Captivating Titles
Catchy titles are crucial for your SEO-optimized content to have a massive impact. Titles that are detail-oriented and catchy offer users a clear idea of what your content is all about. In order to have your content rank higher in SERP
- Incorporate the keyword that you’re targeting into it.
- Make sure the length of your title is below 60 characters (this is because Google only displays the first 60 characters of a title in the search results).
- Make it as descriptive of your content as possible.
Optimize Your URLs For SEO
Most content creators eager to have their content ranking higher on SERP, overlook this factor. URLs play a crucial role in your content’s ranking. URLs that are SEO optimized are easier to search for as well as share. To have your URLs rank higher –
- incorporate your target keyword to the URL (this is key to get search engines to classify and discover your page easily)
- remove any unwanted words from your URL (the ideal length of for a URL is 60 characters)
- separate words within your URL with hyphens
- make use of lowercase letters as uppercase letters frequently cause redirections and errors
- abstain from using ‘an’, ‘a’, ‘or’, and other stop words
Keep Each Paragraph In Your Content Short & Concise
Ensuring that every paragraph in your content is short is essential for improved readability. While you shouldn’t overuse paragraphs, make sure that every paragraph conveys a separate idea. The ideal length for a paragraph is two to three sentences. Utilize bullet points, font types, and highlighted text wherever necessary. This makes your content easier to read and more engaging for users who are doing so through their mobile phones.
Pay Attention To Meta Descriptions
Google offers users summaries of every URL with meta descriptions. They appear under the title of a page in the search results. Therefore, it is important to make these descriptions as catchy and attractive as possible to encourage users to want to click on the URL. A meta description for a page should offer users an idea of what they are likely to read when they click on the link. The keywords that you’re targeting must also be included within these meta descriptions. The ideal length for every meta description is between 155 and 160 characters. Ensure that your target keywords are incorporated into your description as naturally as possible. This is so that Google is easily able to relate your description to a relevant tag and display it on its search results.
Take Image Optimization Seriously
Incorporating and optimizing the images used within your content is an excellent method of enhancing its readability. Google Images is not capable of identifying text within an image. It can, however, understand the content of images to determine their pertinence in the search results.
Every image should a clear title, filename, caption, as well as ALT text. While ALT text is not something that users can see, it is important for search engines to be able to identify your images. Search engines use the ALT text of an image to relate it to a particular topic.
Experts reckon that Google tends to favor lengthier content. The ideal length for every piece of content is between 500 and 2000 words. Although content that is 2000 words long is favorable, this should be entirely dependant on the topic in question. The key to getting your content to rank higher in SERP is to ensure that users are likely to benefit from it. Keep an eye on what the top-ranking links pertaining to your target keyword are like. This should give you a fair idea of what the perfect length for your content is.
Pay Attention To The Schema Markup Of Your Content
Schema markups for your content assist search engines in identifying and interpreting your content easily. They help in effectively segmenting all your content and helping search engines determine exactly what each of these segments relate to. Utilize the Structured Data Markup Helper tool from Google to add markups to all your content. When employing an SEO services company in Chennai, make sure the agency you hire offers schema markups as part of its SEO services.
At Open Designs India, we offer our clientele unparalleled SEO services that are customized to cater to their specific and unique requirements. If you’re on the hunt for an agency that offers the best SEO services in Chennai, look no further!
To get started, a typical website will take 14 weeks from minimum from inception to the delivery stage. It could take much longer depending on your requirements. Discuss with your website development team to get an idea about the delivery date. Actively research the market and the best service provider to get it done professionally. Website development is one of the crucial aspects of your business on which you shouldn’t compromise. Ensure that you get regular updates from your development team to make sure everything is executed as per the schedule. There are chances that conflicts might arise which may compromise the overall development process, you should be prepared to tackle the situation and get things done in a smooth manner.
Breadcrumbs are nothing but a secondary navigation system that can be used to learn about the user’s location on a particular website. Visitors can get a better idea about the webpage if they have an overview of the hierarchy on the website. They serve as an effective visual aid that represents the location of a user within the website. It is not a complex mechanism on websites and will up only a line on your website. One of the main advantages of breadcrumbs is that they do not have any negative impact on your website in terms of content overload. If you have a large number of web pages piled up on your site, you must incorporate breadcrumbs into your site.
Google Sandbox is a common term that is used to explain the lower rankings of new websites in the Google search results. The function of Google sandbox is to provide results that are highly relevant to the users. Filtering out new websites and constantly monitoring them helps the search engine to provide relevant results. Moreover, it is difficult to say how long a website will be inside the sandbox as it primarily depends on the types of keywords it will be competing against. If your website has high-quality and relevant content, then the Google sandbox shouldn’t be a huge problem for you. The ultimate aim should be to optimize the website to stand out from the crowd.
Accelerated Mobile Pages is an open-source project that is designed to optimize faster mobile pages. To break it down into simpler terms, it is making a page loading faster that is already optimized to be mobile-friendly. You have to use a streamlined version of CSS if you are opting for accelerated mobile pages. The website must be validated properly on a regular basis to ensure that they work properly. If you are looking to offer a better user experience, incorporate custom fonts into it and declare the proper height & weight of the page to avoid quirky-loading images. Accelerated mobile pages can significantly reduce the overall bounce rate on your website and improve conversion rates for your business.
SEO marketing is the process of increasing both the quality and quantity of website traffic. All this results in increasing the exposure of the business to the right target audience. SEO is that one marketing tool that holds the potential to pay dividends over time continuously. If you have content that is strong and has every reason to rank at the top, you need not invest in other marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility of your website. It is because of this that SEO marketing plays a pivotal role in growing your business. Therefore, optimizing your site in a manner that shows up within the top search results is critical.
How good your website is has a lot to do with the business you generate at the end of the day. Here is why website development is important.
- The first impression of your business is the website. If your website is outdated, the impression of the business left behind is definitely not what you’d want.
- By looking at how well the website is developed, the customers get a fair idea of how they would be treated by the business. If the website is not worked upon well, they tend to believe that the business won’t take efforts in catering to the requirements of the customers as well.
- A well-designed website enables the audience to build trust with the business.
- A poorly designed website has an adverse impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
In order to make it into the list of good websites, there are a couple of things that one needs to take note of.
- A good website doesn’t take much time to load.
- A website that is trustworthy – both in terms of content as well as technicalities is the most sought after.
- The website should be free of bugs.
- Make sure that your website caters to a specific goal/objective.
- For a website to reach out to the maximum, it is important to understand the target audience in-depth, right from what they need to what other websites do they use.
- Making use of the right words, font and style always help.
There is no specific best SEO tool, but here is a list of SEO tools that all the experts are using in 2022.
- Ahrefs – SEO keyword tool
- Google Search Console
- SEMRush – Marketing tools for SEO
- KWFinder – SEO keyword tool
- MOZ Pro – Complete SEO software
- Ubersuggest – Keyword Tracking tool
- Answer the Public – Keyword association tool
- Woorank – SEO Ranking Tool
- Majestic – Marketing tool for SEO
- Google Trends – SEO trends checking tool
- SEO Quake – Free SEO audit tool
- Siteliner – SEO analytics tool
- Fat Rank – SEO ranking tool
- Screaming Frog – SEO audit and insights tool
- Serpstat – One stop SEO platform
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
SEO is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to boost traffic to your site. It can open the gateway to new customer pools, even on a global scale. The top SEO trends of 2021 are,
- Core web vitals : Loading, Interactivity and Visual Stability
- Google’s BERT: Using Machine learning and natural language processing for intent matching.
- Keyword research: To identify high ranking keywords.
- Original content: Value adding content that attracts traffic organically.
- Voice search: Voice activated searches that include colloquialisms in global languages.
- Artificial intelligence: Using AI to personalise the customer journey.
- Video marketing: For visitors to better relate to the brand with audio visual stimulation.
- Featured snippets: Elevate reputation of the business with features snippets on Google.
- Influencer SEO: Partner with social media influencers to get their following as customers.
- EAT & Branded SEO: Build expertise, authority and trust by building brand awareness.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site