If you consult with just about any SEO company, when addressing website enhancement, the first suggestion is to switch to a secure site by obtaining an SSL certificate. The only change in appearance might be the “S” after the HTTP in the URL. But why is this important to the SEO game in 2020? Before we get to that, let us learn the difference between HTTP and HTTPS.
HTTP stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol. It is the part of the code that enables communication between different servers and browsers. This communication is the transfer of website data that appears on our browsers.
HTTPS stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure. In the few seconds that the data flows from servers to browsers or vice versa, the information can be hacked, manipulated, or stolen. It can be prevented with the help of an SSL certificate. SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer. It is a code that encrypts the communication between browsers and servers, making the data transfer secure. It uses algorithms to scramble the data in the interim period. Thus any website that is involved in the transfer of personal data like bank transactions, personal details like phone numbers and addresses, etc. must have an SSL certificate. If not it is highly unadvisable to process any data through unsecure sites.
So now we understand why HTTPS is important to the website’s safety. But why are the Best SEO services recommending it? In an analysis by MozCast, the final quarter of 2020 began with HTTPS websites occupying 98% of Google’s organic Page one rankings. The numbers have steadily grown from April of 2017 from 50% to the current figures. Organic search engine rankings are strongly tied to having a strong SEO plan and that is indirectly connected to HTTPS URLs.
About 43% of Cyber-attacks tend to target Small businesses as they are less likely to have secure websites. SSL certificates provide three layers of protection,
- Encryption during data transfer
- Data integrity for keeping data intact, and
- Authentication process for users
This three-level security blanket prevents cyber-attacks that can manipulate or steal data. This protects the website and its users. Since the original data is preserved, your original SEO strategies are also preserved.
Boosts Google Rankings
Google’s algorithms are programmed to look out for secure sites that they can safely recommend to users. In 2014, Google announced that sites with an SSL -2048 – bit key certificate will get a preference in their rankings.
When changing to HTTPS, you might experience a temporary drop in rankings, but that is the processing time for Google to verify your site’s security. Before making the change, get an entire week’s Google analytics. Categorise your keyword rankings by their landing pages, to easily identify which part of the website is responsible for the drops, post changing to HTTPS.
Accelerated Mobile Page Optimisation
The Best SEO services companies recommend Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs), and they can be enabled only with an SSL certificate. AMPs are HTML copies of the website that manipulates the data to make them load faster. They significantly improve bounce rate, loading time, and SEO. Thus HTTPS becomes a prerequisite to improve your website’s performance.
Improved conversions through reputation
SEO companies insist on SSL certificates for all sites, especially E-Commerce websites. HTTPS stands as a symbol of safety that ensures their data is protected by the site. Google itself will warn visitors about your site, resulting in a poor experience.
Users are more likely to click on an HTTPS URL than on an unsecure site as they can immediately access them. This results in good Click-Through Rates. Secure sites are also great for conversions as users trust their information with the site. Both of these factors are key to good SEO rankings.
The whole world is moving to HTTPS and if you haven’t yet, 2020 is as good a time as ever. From being a minor ranking factor it has now become a major attraction for organic traffic and conversions. The SEO game is only as good as the most user-friendly and secure experience that you can provide. Check out how you can seamlessly move from HTTP to HTTPS with Open Designs, the best SEO Company in Chennai.
To get started, a typical website will take 14 weeks from minimum from inception to the delivery stage. It could take much longer depending on your requirements. Discuss with your website development team to get an idea about the delivery date. Actively research the market and the best service provider to get it done professionally. Website development is one of the crucial aspects of your business on which you shouldn’t compromise. Ensure that you get regular updates from your development team to make sure everything is executed as per the schedule. There are chances that conflicts might arise which may compromise the overall development process, you should be prepared to tackle the situation and get things done in a smooth manner.
Breadcrumbs are nothing but a secondary navigation system that can be used to learn about the user’s location on a particular website. Visitors can get a better idea about the webpage if they have an overview of the hierarchy on the website. They serve as an effective visual aid that represents the location of a user within the website. It is not a complex mechanism on websites and will up only a line on your website. One of the main advantages of breadcrumbs is that they do not have any negative impact on your website in terms of content overload. If you have a large number of web pages piled up on your site, you must incorporate breadcrumbs into your site.
Google Sandbox is a common term that is used to explain the lower rankings of new websites in the Google search results. The function of Google sandbox is to provide results that are highly relevant to the users. Filtering out new websites and constantly monitoring them helps the search engine to provide relevant results. Moreover, it is difficult to say how long a website will be inside the sandbox as it primarily depends on the types of keywords it will be competing against. If your website has high-quality and relevant content, then the Google sandbox shouldn’t be a huge problem for you. The ultimate aim should be to optimize the website to stand out from the crowd.
Accelerated Mobile Pages is an open-source project that is designed to optimize faster mobile pages. To break it down into simpler terms, it is making a page loading faster that is already optimized to be mobile-friendly. You have to use a streamlined version of CSS if you are opting for accelerated mobile pages. The website must be validated properly on a regular basis to ensure that they work properly. If you are looking to offer a better user experience, incorporate custom fonts into it and declare the proper height & weight of the page to avoid quirky-loading images. Accelerated mobile pages can significantly reduce the overall bounce rate on your website and improve conversion rates for your business.
SEO marketing is the process of increasing both the quality and quantity of website traffic. All this results in increasing the exposure of the business to the right target audience. SEO is that one marketing tool that holds the potential to pay dividends over time continuously. If you have content that is strong and has every reason to rank at the top, you need not invest in other marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility of your website. It is because of this that SEO marketing plays a pivotal role in growing your business. Therefore, optimizing your site in a manner that shows up within the top search results is critical.
How good your website is has a lot to do with the business you generate at the end of the day. Here is why website development is important.
- The first impression of your business is the website. If your website is outdated, the impression of the business left behind is definitely not what you’d want.
- By looking at how well the website is developed, the customers get a fair idea of how they would be treated by the business. If the website is not worked upon well, they tend to believe that the business won’t take efforts in catering to the requirements of the customers as well.
- A well-designed website enables the audience to build trust with the business.
- A poorly designed website has an adverse impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
In order to make it into the list of good websites, there are a couple of things that one needs to take note of.
- A good website doesn’t take much time to load.
- A website that is trustworthy – both in terms of content as well as technicalities is the most sought after.
- The website should be free of bugs.
- Make sure that your website caters to a specific goal/objective.
- For a website to reach out to the maximum, it is important to understand the target audience in-depth, right from what they need to what other websites do they use.
- Making use of the right words, font and style always help.
There is no specific best SEO tool, but here is a list of SEO tools that all the experts are using in 2022.
- Ahrefs – SEO keyword tool
- Google Search Console
- SEMRush – Marketing tools for SEO
- KWFinder – SEO keyword tool
- MOZ Pro – Complete SEO software
- Ubersuggest – Keyword Tracking tool
- Answer the Public – Keyword association tool
- Woorank – SEO Ranking Tool
- Majestic – Marketing tool for SEO
- Google Trends – SEO trends checking tool
- SEO Quake – Free SEO audit tool
- Siteliner – SEO analytics tool
- Fat Rank – SEO ranking tool
- Screaming Frog – SEO audit and insights tool
- Serpstat – One stop SEO platform
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
SEO is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to boost traffic to your site. It can open the gateway to new customer pools, even on a global scale. The top SEO trends of 2021 are,
- Core web vitals : Loading, Interactivity and Visual Stability
- Google’s BERT: Using Machine learning and natural language processing for intent matching.
- Keyword research: To identify high ranking keywords.
- Original content: Value adding content that attracts traffic organically.
- Voice search: Voice activated searches that include colloquialisms in global languages.
- Artificial intelligence: Using AI to personalise the customer journey.
- Video marketing: For visitors to better relate to the brand with audio visual stimulation.
- Featured snippets: Elevate reputation of the business with features snippets on Google.
- Influencer SEO: Partner with social media influencers to get their following as customers.
- EAT & Branded SEO: Build expertise, authority and trust by building brand awareness.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site