Link building is an important part of digital marketing strategies as they reward websites with high rankings on Google. It takes time and proper efforts to get desired results. If you are just getting started in digital marketing, link building can be a complicated process to take in.
Worry not, we created this blog with an actionable and straightforward approach. Let’s get started from the bottom line and learn from the basic question.
What is link building?
Link building is nothing but the process of getting other websites to link to the pages on your website. This is a powerful approach to rank higher on Google results and effectively increase your overall revenue.
So that leads us to another important question asked by business owners, “ Do I need Link Building and why is it important for my business?”. While the answer is subjective to the majority, here is a perspective from the best digital marketing agency in Chennai.
Why do I need link building?
Well, if you want to rank higher on Google search results, you certainly need links from other websites. More links on your websites will indicate the authenticity of the content on your website and eventually turn things in your favor while ranking.
As websites tend to link each other, people can get valuable information from them. As lower-quality pages will not provide useful information for people it will not be possible to get effective results.
Moving further let’s look into tactics and strategies to build effective links. If you are doing something, do it the right way!
How to build links:
Basically, there are five ways or strategies for effective link building. They are:
Adding links to your page:
To put it in simple words, this is about manually placing links to other sites (that don’t belong to you) on your website. Although it sounds simple, look for the best digital marketing services in Chennai to do it the right way. If not you can end up spamming your own website.
Requesting for links:
As the name suggests, this is exactly the opposite of adding links. You can email the administrator of a website with a compelling reason and request a link from their website. The compelling reason should have content that clearly explains the important factor “What’s in it for them?”
Although most digital marketers won’t prefer this route, you can get high-quality links by investing money. However, educate yourself before stepping into it as there are several potential risks that you might face. Else, you can also contact the best digital marketing agency in Chennai to get it done professionally.
“Genuinely” earn links:
If you do something that makes you truly stand out from others, you will get noticed. People will write about you on their platforms and will obviously link to your website. By learning a few tactics and strategies, you will be able to promote your website effectively.
Now that you have learned the tactics for link building, let’s look into some of the actionable link-building strategies that will bring effective results.
Link building strategies that actually work:
Let’s begin with a simple strategy that is extremely popular with digital marketers.
Pursue your competitor’s links:
Staying on par with competitors is one of the most fundamental activities in any business. By studying the activities of your competitors, you can figure out the tactics that work. You can also get an idea of their link building and content marketing strategy.
Hire SEO analysts from the best digital marketing agency in Chennai to implement reverse-engineering concepts into your strategy. There are paid and free tools that can be used to get crucial insights into the performance of your website.
Promote your content:
Content is one of the most valuable assets of your website and it provides the links one needs to build a website. There are three basic ways to promote your content, they are:
As the content on your website provides so much value to your business, it makes sense to approach the best digital marketing agency in Chennai and get professional content writers to work on your website.
Expert advice to stay on the safer side:
- No matter how you devise the marketing strategies, refrain from posting links on irrelevant sites.
- Stay away from public networks as they will be overcrowded.
- Build realistic relationships with customers
- Research your content well and avoid copying
The whole idea of running a link building campaign is to drive traffic to your site. Contact the best digital marketing company in Chennai to get on the right track and yield more profit. Have you tried these strategies? Let us know in the comments.
SEO marketing is the process of increasing both the quality and quantity of website traffic. All this results in increasing the exposure of the business to the right target audience. SEO is that one marketing tool that holds the potential to pay dividends over time continuously. If you have content that is strong and has every reason to rank at the top, you need not invest in other marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility of your website. It is because of this that SEO marketing plays a pivotal role in growing your business. Therefore, optimizing your site in a manner that shows up within the top search results is critical.
How good your website is has a lot to do with the business you generate at the end of the day. Here is why website development is important.
- The first impression of your business is the website. If your website is outdated, the impression of the business left behind is definitely not what you’d want.
- By looking at how well the website is developed, the customers get a fair idea of how they would be treated by the business. If the website is not worked upon well, they tend to believe that the business won’t take efforts in catering to the requirements of the customers as well.
- A well-designed website enables the audience to build trust with the business.
- A poorly designed website has an adverse impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
In order to make it into the list of good websites, there are a couple of things that one needs to take note of.
- A good website doesn’t take much time to load.
- A website that is trustworthy – both in terms of content as well as technicalities is the most sought after.
- The website should be free of bugs.
- Make sure that your website caters to a specific goal/objective.
- For a website to reach out to the maximum, it is important to understand the target audience in-depth, right from what they need to what other websites do they use.
- Making use of the right words, font and style always help.
There is no specific best SEO tool, but here is a list of SEO tools that all the experts are using in 2021.
- Ahrefs – SEO keyword tool
- Google Search Console
- SEMRush – Marketing tools for SEO
- KWFinder – SEO keyword tool
- MOZ Pro – Complete SEO software
- Ubersuggest – Keyword Tracking tool
- Answer the Public – Keyword association tool
- Woorank – SEO Ranking Tool
- Majestic – Marketing tool for SEO
- Google Trends – SEO trends checking tool
- SEO Quake – Free SEO audit tool
- Siteliner – SEO analytics tool
- Fat Rank – SEO ranking tool
- Screaming Frog – SEO audit and insights tool
- Serpstat – One stop SEO platform
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
SEO is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to boost traffic to your site. It can open the gateway to new customer pools, even on a global scale. The top SEO trends of 2021 are,
- Core web vitals : Loading, Interactivity and Visual Stability
- Google’s BERT: Using Machine learning and natural language processing for intent matching.
- Keyword research: To identify high ranking keywords.
- Original content: Value adding content that attracts traffic organically.
- Voice search: Voice activated searches that include colloquialisms in global languages.
- Artificial intelligence: Using AI to personalise the customer journey.
- Video marketing: For visitors to better relate to the brand with audio visual stimulation.
- Featured snippets: Elevate reputation of the business with features snippets on Google.
- Influencer SEO: Partner with social media influencers to get their following as customers.
- EAT & Branded SEO: Build expertise, authority and trust by building brand awareness.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site