Who doesn’t love a good story or a good storyteller? Stories bring us nostalgic memories from our own life that we can relate with. No one can deny the power of a good story to get the message across with the most impact. No wonder businesses are turning to storytelling to strengthen their brand.
A good story is intricately woven to evoke powerful emotions that stir the audience into action. This is how your marketing should be. How you make a potential customer feel, decides whether they want to interact with your brand or not. They must be genuine, impactful, and inspirational, according to the Top digital marketing company in Chennai.
Over the period of our lives, we have crossed and created various stories. They unleash the imagination and make way for creativity. We might have forgotten so much that has happened in our lives, but never the stories, nor the way they made us feel. This is why good storytelling is so important to building a successful brand.
Storytelling – The primary communication method
As social animals, we have built communal languages and sentiments that drive our every action. These, when crafted seamlessly into a story can effortlessly influence your customers into improving your traffic, conversions, and brand awareness. Through the ages, storytelling has been the primary mode of passing on messages before modern methods of communication were invented. We know a lot of our history and culture from the stories passed on to each generation. As the top digital marketing company in Chennai says, this method has been ingrained in our psyche as an impactful mode of communication.
The elements of a good story
A good story conveys what, why, how and whom. You have a product or service to sell. Brand marketing must convey who you are, and the people behind the work, what you have, why customers must choose you, and how you source or manufacture the products and services. This story should provoke more questions that you respond to, boosting the interaction of the customer with you. The stories can contain excerpts on what inspired you to start the brand, what motivates you, and what kind of value you add to your customers’ lives.
Company centric stories
You can evoke a lot of emotion by chronicling the life cycle of your products and services. You can get an employee’s point of view of how working for you had made their lives better. Focus on a positive work culture or on important philanthropic activities that are promoted through the sale of your products and services. If you sell handicrafts, touch on how important their sale is to keep the local culture and heritage alive for future generations to enjoy. The top digital marketing company in Chennai, recommends company-centric stories only after there is a certain following developed for the brand.
The best Digital marketing company in Chennai recommends that the brand story should revolve around the customer. Despite the primary objective being to sell the product or service, the story must show how the customer would feel in real life if they avail of your products and services. Potential customers are more receptive to what your existing customers have to say about you. Your story could be the narrative of your actual customers telling in their own words how your products and services made a difference in their lives. This is the most powerful storytelling that can make your brand move mountains.
Effective storytelling mediums
The evolution of technology has made storytelling easier. While previously it was passed on in the form of live dramas and audio versions, you can now do it in text, audio, video, graphics, animation or a combination of two or more. The key here is identifying which medium works best for your target audience. You can also target multiple customer segments through different mediums.
For example crisp and memorable messages work well on TV and the radio. The online customers are attracted to images and video. You can get on social media platforms and post various mediums that engage a high volume of customers. This boosts brand awareness and conversions. You can also choose to directly interact with the audience through live sessions, video conferencing etc to promote your brand.
We can safely say that the fundamentals of storytelling have not changed. It is only the mediums and means that have scope for exploration and expansion. Open Designs is one of the top 10 Digital marketing companies in Chennai. We can help you successfully get your brand story out there, in ways that all of your target audience can relate to.
Website design has come a long way from the basic blue and white theme with black text to colourful, interactive spaces that have become even primary source of income for businesses. Here are the latest trends in web design that will keep you on top of the industry. Parallax Animation: The foreground is designed to move faster than the background creating a 3D visual effect. Neumorphism: Digital embossing with soft backgrounds with overlay elements that have a shadow to lift them off the screen. Dark Mode: Like mobile apps websites too are turning to dark mode to give viewers a comfortable experience. Pastel Colours: Businesses are going with pastel colour themes to give a visually soothing customer experience. Scrolling transformations: The elements on the screen are designed to move and transform with scrolling creating a video like effect.
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
Congratulations on your decision to make a website for your business. Follow these steps for the best way to build a successful website.
- Choose a web developer. Find a web developer with experience and knowledge of website design.
- Choose an initial web template. Select a suitable template and ask your developer to build and customise on it.
- Edit and Review the site. Insert your content, images and graphics in the website. Before launching it, test the site’s performance to work out the kinks.
- Create a domain. A domain is the unique address of your site and has to be registered with a domain provider.
- Publish your website: Now that your website is designed and done, you are ready to publish it.
By now a lot of businesses have realised the importance of good web design. However there are some important principles that need to be followed to ensure that your website turns out perfect.
- Ensure the website loads fast, as this reduces website abandonment.
- Show your intent on every page so customers landing on any page are aware of what your business does.
- Keep it simple so you don’t distract visitors from their purpose, with too many elements.
- Make the navigation as easy as possible, with any part of the website accessible in 3 clicks.
- Maintain the hierarchy in the layout. You don’t want your customers to keep scrolling back up each time they want to refer something.
- Use simple, attractive and value adding content that can convince visitors into becoming customers.
- The site must be mobile friendly for customers to access it on the go.
Your website is the first impression that an online customer gets of your business. It is important to make a positive impact on your clients. The website design has the potential to convert a random visitor to a customer and boost organic sales. A great web design will keep customers loyal to your brand as they find the platform comfortable and convenient to use. It provides a good UI/UX to your clients and nurtures your leads. Better the website design, more the engagement with it, bringing in more traffic. It improves the accessibility of your website to a wider audience. It has a significant influence on the brand image and it is important that you get professionals to design your website.
It has come to a point that a business is only considered successful if they have a strong online presence. This is evidently done by creating a dedicated website to the brand. The benefits of owning a website for your business are,
- A credible repository of information on your business
- 24 x 7 customer access to your business
- Boosts interaction with the brand
- It helps expand your market reach
- It improve brand awareness to a global scale
- Provides you with valuable consumer insights
- Helps you beat other competitors with online presence
- Access to all digital modes of advertising
- Makes information exchange easier
When searching for a web developer, it is important for you as a client to know the difference between website design and website development. The difference is quite distinct but a web developer is capable of doing both if they are skilled enough. Web design is the initial ideation and planning of a website’s layout, appearance and content. Web development is the actual process of developing code for creating the site and its subsequent maintenance. Web design is about creativity, while web development is completely technical. You need to engage the services of web developers who can help you with both, as they know how to recreate your brand personality on the website.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site
Digital Marketing has become an essential part of today’s business world. It has become so competitive that traditional marketing methods are no longer as effective as before. Digital marketing can improve your conversion rate, boost traffic to the site, keep your customers engaged, helps you understand the market and customers with valuable insights, increases your reputation, and is generally cost effective. Most of your online customers are using their mobile phones to access your site. Digital marketing helps make your business more accessible to mobile users, who make up nearly 60% of the clientele. It makes the entire customer journey more interactive and memorable, bringing you loyal customers, who come just for a good user experience. Digital marketing can also be automated, freeing you from the hassle of keeping track of the campaigns.