Technology enables people to interact with devices using their voices. Voice-controlled assistants have become a vital part of everyday life. Imagine not having to get up to turn off the lights or close the doors from the comfort of your home. You just speak your command with voice-controlled assistants like Alexa and Siri, and you get your wish. Voice commands can quickly replace typing, which can be tedious.
By simply speaking the voice, it is possible to achieve more productivity than by manually communicating with your phones. You will find that, especially among search engines, there is quite a bit of voice usage. WordPress is also beginning to enjoy the benefits, and we will look at how you can optimize the same for voice search.
Why voice search is Important for SEO?
Voice search dramatically improves user experience–thus, half of all online searches will be performed by voice search by the year 2020.
Search engines like Google place a higher emphasis on voice search optimization due to its prolific use.
After all, SEO aims to rank websites correctly so that users can find as quickly as possible the best information for their search query. Ultimately, user experience is at the forefront of optimizing the search engine.
But remembering that SEO voice search and traditional SEO website are different is relevant. Consequently, other factors affecting website rankings may or may not have the same impact on voice searching–and vice versa.
Here are some tips on how you can optimize for SEO
It is already proven that long-tail keywords are the best for SEO. The advantage of voice search is that you can add in a more conversational tone while allowing it to be quite specific about what you are looking for.
You will find fantastic tools online that will help you come up with the relevant phrases. Even as you focus on the right use of phrases, it should not make it difficult for the reader to understand.
Your Content should be readable
Visitors to the website and not just people, we now have virtual assistants to stalk websites in search of relevant information. Anyone doing a voice or manual search will also be read back the material by the same resistance. Take your time to look for a reader-friendly way to present content.
Paying close attention to how you deliver your content is crucial. You want content that is scannable, easy-to-understand and well-presented. You’ll find that people spend more time on the website, making it more likely to respond positively.
Another common phrase that people are looking for a lot is’ things to do next to me.’ Incorporate this into your content, helping you push your product or brand. If you are an example of running a food shop, a direct response to’ things to do near me’ could be’ trying local cuisine at the XX food shop.’ You should structure your data in such a way that it is easy for the visitor to get as much information as possible.
Using words like the nearest, best, and best hours will help search engines find you. Make sure you add your contact details and the opening hours of your office. It will make it easy to process the data, making it very likely that people will find you.
Position Zero Optimization
Getting to zero is difficult because there are so many people fighting for that little space. You, therefore, need to focus on approaches that will improve the chances of being in that coveted position. You can do this by:
- Focus on any issues that may arise from keywords
- whether long tail or short, that you have come up with Think about the headings and titles that you use
- they should always be a direct response to a request
- Ensure that your responses are easy to read and understand Incorporate the use of bullet points, numbered lists and short paragraphs Q&A style for your content will make it convivial.
Google My Business
Google My Business listing is an essential tool that you should sign up for. It will make it easy for your customers to find you, particularly in the local area. You also get the opportunity to share your business information, making it easier for search engines to locate you.
By using location or unique phrases like’ near me’ you increase the chances of success in search engines. Be careful with the information you have on your listing page. Include your name, your physical address and your phone number. Use the introduction paragraph to provide a proper description of your services and products.
To get started, a typical website will take 14 weeks from minimum from inception to the delivery stage. It could take much longer depending on your requirements. Discuss with your website development team to get an idea about the delivery date. Actively research the market and the best service provider to get it done professionally. Website development is one of the crucial aspects of your business on which you shouldn’t compromise. Ensure that you get regular updates from your development team to make sure everything is executed as per the schedule. There are chances that conflicts might arise which may compromise the overall development process, you should be prepared to tackle the situation and get things done in a smooth manner.
Breadcrumbs are nothing but a secondary navigation system that can be used to learn about the user’s location on a particular website. Visitors can get a better idea about the webpage if they have an overview of the hierarchy on the website. They serve as an effective visual aid that represents the location of a user within the website. It is not a complex mechanism on websites and will up only a line on your website. One of the main advantages of breadcrumbs is that they do not have any negative impact on your website in terms of content overload. If you have a large number of web pages piled up on your site, you must incorporate breadcrumbs into your site.
Google Sandbox is a common term that is used to explain the lower rankings of new websites in the Google search results. The function of Google sandbox is to provide results that are highly relevant to the users. Filtering out new websites and constantly monitoring them helps the search engine to provide relevant results. Moreover, it is difficult to say how long a website will be inside the sandbox as it primarily depends on the types of keywords it will be competing against. If your website has high-quality and relevant content, then the Google sandbox shouldn’t be a huge problem for you. The ultimate aim should be to optimize the website to stand out from the crowd.
Accelerated Mobile Pages is an open-source project that is designed to optimize faster mobile pages. To break it down into simpler terms, it is making a page loading faster that is already optimized to be mobile-friendly. You have to use a streamlined version of CSS if you are opting for accelerated mobile pages. The website must be validated properly on a regular basis to ensure that they work properly. If you are looking to offer a better user experience, incorporate custom fonts into it and declare the proper height & weight of the page to avoid quirky-loading images. Accelerated mobile pages can significantly reduce the overall bounce rate on your website and improve conversion rates for your business.
SEO marketing is the process of increasing both the quality and quantity of website traffic. All this results in increasing the exposure of the business to the right target audience. SEO is that one marketing tool that holds the potential to pay dividends over time continuously. If you have content that is strong and has every reason to rank at the top, you need not invest in other marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility of your website. It is because of this that SEO marketing plays a pivotal role in growing your business. Therefore, optimizing your site in a manner that shows up within the top search results is critical.
How good your website is has a lot to do with the business you generate at the end of the day. Here is why website development is important.
- The first impression of your business is the website. If your website is outdated, the impression of the business left behind is definitely not what you’d want.
- By looking at how well the website is developed, the customers get a fair idea of how they would be treated by the business. If the website is not worked upon well, they tend to believe that the business won’t take efforts in catering to the requirements of the customers as well.
- A well-designed website enables the audience to build trust with the business.
- A poorly designed website has an adverse impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
In order to make it into the list of good websites, there are a couple of things that one needs to take note of.
- A good website doesn’t take much time to load.
- A website that is trustworthy – both in terms of content as well as technicalities is the most sought after.
- The website should be free of bugs.
- Make sure that your website caters to a specific goal/objective.
- For a website to reach out to the maximum, it is important to understand the target audience in-depth, right from what they need to what other websites do they use.
- Making use of the right words, font and style always help.
There is no specific best SEO tool, but here is a list of SEO tools that all the experts are using in 2021.
- Ahrefs – SEO keyword tool
- Google Search Console
- SEMRush – Marketing tools for SEO
- KWFinder – SEO keyword tool
- MOZ Pro – Complete SEO software
- Ubersuggest – Keyword Tracking tool
- Answer the Public – Keyword association tool
- Woorank – SEO Ranking Tool
- Majestic – Marketing tool for SEO
- Google Trends – SEO trends checking tool
- SEO Quake – Free SEO audit tool
- Siteliner – SEO analytics tool
- Fat Rank – SEO ranking tool
- Screaming Frog – SEO audit and insights tool
- Serpstat – One stop SEO platform
There are several ways to increase and divert traffic to your website. Listed are a few that you might be interested in.
- Invest in some paid advertising that will guarantee you results.
- Open Social Media accounts and post attractive content regularly.
- Use attractive titles that make browsers want to open the link.
- Review and up your on page SEO game.
- Target long tail keywords with colloquialisms for each customer location.
- Indulge in some guest blogging that will build external links
- Strengthen internal linking to subtly encourage more customer interaction.
- Make your site responsive to be accessible on all devices.
- Improve site loading speed to reduce abandonments.
- If you are an E-Commerce site, post clear and attractive product images.
SEO is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to boost traffic to your site. It can open the gateway to new customer pools, even on a global scale. The top SEO trends of 2021 are,
- Core web vitals : Loading, Interactivity and Visual Stability
- Google’s BERT: Using Machine learning and natural language processing for intent matching.
- Keyword research: To identify high ranking keywords.
- Original content: Value adding content that attracts traffic organically.
- Voice search: Voice activated searches that include colloquialisms in global languages.
- Artificial intelligence: Using AI to personalise the customer journey.
- Video marketing: For visitors to better relate to the brand with audio visual stimulation.
- Featured snippets: Elevate reputation of the business with features snippets on Google.
- Influencer SEO: Partner with social media influencers to get their following as customers.
- EAT & Branded SEO: Build expertise, authority and trust by building brand awareness.
For anyone who wants to implement digital marketing for their business, Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is commonly known should be the first priority. It is more than the misconception of just adding keywords to your content. When done right, SEO can do the following for you.
- Send quality traffic your way.
- Boost the business reputation
- Get results with inexpensive methods
- Increases customer engagement with the site
- Help you understand your customers
- Help you beat the competition
- Continuously evaluate and boost performance of the site